Day 6- North Atlanctic

Day 6 - North Atlantic Is out....

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/

Wow!! Some pretty rough seas....looks like she is handling things well though which is great news. I must Captain Wright looks a little tired- he must be keeping some very long days and nights. Hope he can get some rest once in FLL or closer to US.

It seems as if everyone is working overtime and very hard in all areas on ship. God Bless them all!!

Forty foot seas! Oh my gosh! No wonder the Captain is looking a little tired.

It was so cool! I never knew ships had wind shield wipers. When one thinks about it, of course they would need wipers to see where they are going, but I guess it never occurred to me that anything as big as Oasis would require them.

The purification and water treatemnt tour, even bilge treatment was informative too. I loved the aerial view of Labadee. (At least, I think it was Labadee.)

Am I right is the helicoptor landing area on deck 7 ? The video shows waves crashing over that deck in which case 40 ft would be about right, thats really rough ! ! :) I think the bridge where the captain is speaking is on deck 14 correct me if that is wrong.

Hey....has anyone noticed the railing at the 17 second point of the video:eek:whats up with that:confused:

A telephoto lens will exagerate any imperfections in a linear surface. I have seen the same effect in railroad photos. When viewed by the naked eye, the lines would look straighter. There are obviously some variations in the weld points on the railings and sheet metal. I am sure these ar well within acceptable tolerances for fit and safety.

Eric

With the exception of Captain Wright, everyone looks remarkably calm. Even on the previous day when there was the cutaway to the guy rehearsing in the MDR, there was not much indication that there was much to worry about in such high seas.

Archived