November Weather - Mexican Riviera

tapdancemom

Hubby and I are cruising to the Mexican Riviera on November 22nd. We have a balconey and we're hoping that the weather is nice enough on the way down and back to spend time out there relaxing.

I'm sure the weather is nice in the ports but any feedback on what the temperatures are at sea this time of the year.

Weather should be great. But, as your cruise date approaches, go to weather.com, put in a port city, and then click its ten-day forecast. We do this not only for our departure port but also for each of the ports to which we are going. It helps us plan our personal itenerary. Hope the weather is great and that you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

November on the Pacific coast will be cooler than in spring of course. Tends to be windier and more clouds can appear. It's not the Caribbean. Heading down the coast from California will be the coolest stretch. Breakfast on the balcony will be chilly for the first couple days.

You can check the ports on Wunderground.com for historical averages too.

My experience tells me that the first day out and the last day back will be a bit cool. There are exceptions and with those two exceptions, pretty warm and enjoyable.

My experience agrees with this poster's experience.

My experience agrees with this poster's experience.

And my experience is the same. Having sailed last Thanksgiving, it was too chilly to sit out on the balcony during the first and last day of the cruise. The rest of the days were mid-80s every day though.

You'll be leaving from the Port of Long Beach. It's probably a good idea to get the zip code for the port, rather than Long Beach in general for checking weather.com and wunderground.com as there could be a difference between the weather for downtown Long Beach and at the port. Maybe not a big difference, but a difference.

Unless there's a heat spell (sometimes the Santa Anas blow in November), it will probably be in the 50s/60s in November with a chance of rain. Most likely you will need to cover up for using your balcony the first day at sea and the last day. Once you get closer to Cabo, you'll feel a difference in temperature.

We were in that general area several years ago at Thanksgiving week. A much smaller ship, (24 passengers) but we had a tropical storm skirt us. Almost threw me out of bed. The cook broke his arm trying to protect his kitchen, was taken off the ship, they grabbed a new teen to be the bottle-washer, and everyone moved up a notch in service. A great trip, but the food was a bit lacking, since the original cook kept his recipes in his head.

Kathy

Archived