category's sold out

Joie

On our upcoming April cruise the 8a and 8b cabins are already sold out for 2 per cabin. Does this mean that the 8c MAY go down in prices ( booked early saver). I would think that they would lower the price if purchases slow down because 2-person cabins are getting expensive. It's not a special cruise....same old Western Carib route and not during easter week.

More than likely a TA is holding cheap space on the balconies. My cabins are coming and going in my category, Im still not to final payment. Its hard to know how many 8A or 8B cabins are really left until after final payment. I dont pay it much attention, except its much harder to get a price drop.

If cabins really are selling that well, I dont know why you would expect them to come down in price, if they are selling so well only upper categories can be booked, thats when prices would go up not down. My thinking is the opposite of yours, but just my thinking, no one knows.

My guess is that as cabin classes are sold out prices of the unsold cabins will increase until about 30 days from the saling date. Then upgrade selling will start. Would not expect a price drop if sales are going well.

well they had triples and a couple quads.....but we were already booked and tried to book 2 more in a cabin next to, or close to us, and were told no more doubles on 8a or 8b....so had to move up to 8c.

I was ASSUMING that people would want to stay in the lower range pricing and they wouldn't want to go with 8c-8d-8e, etc.....because of the expense. There was almost a $100 per person difference on ours when we changed it.

Archived