Pacific Dawn Cruise Cam

Hi all,

We leave today on Pacific Dawn and of course I was just checking to see if our lovely ship was in Sydney waiting for us.....and the cruise cam looks like the ship is maybe facing the opposite direction.??:confused:

I know this is a stupid question ....but thought someone out there may know.

Thanks

Catherine

Hi Catherine. Yes, the ship is certainly facing northward out of Darling Harbour which is different to normal. But it means you'll be under the Harbour Bridge that much sooner this afternoon ... no need for it to turn around first.

Enjoy your cruise

Bob

Hi All

When we left on our Pacific Dawn Cruise in April this year, she was alongside the same way.

It does really matter the way she is positioned alongside, the main thing that matters is that she is there on time & ready to take you away.

Regards

Alan

I just noticed on the itinerary for this cruise, Lifou was replaced with Ouvea. This is the opposite of what seems to be happening lately :confused:. It'll be interesting to see if they make it to Ouvea this time, as I'm still keen to visit in December.

About the position of the PD, it would be great if it backed in for our cruise on the 29th, since our stateroom is starboard side. We'll be up on deck anyway, but it would be a bit of a novelty to look out at Sydney from our balcony! A bit silly. But meh.

It's to do some work on the MES - Marine Evacuation System. Those little round life-raft things on the starboard side are being replaced with new ones and they need a crane to do it.

(Work gives me access to Sydney ports systems to get this info)

I guess it's part of her annual survey - November is the anniversary of her going into service and last time she was in Sydney divers conducted a hull examination - so I guess it's part of her 'roadworthy' check-up.

I just noticed on the itinerary for this cruise, Lifou was replaced with Ouvea. This is the opposite of what seems to be happening lately :confused:. It'll be interesting to see if they make it to Ouvea this time, as I'm still keen to visit in December.

About the position of the PD, it would be great if it backed in for our cruise on the 29th, since our stateroom is starboard side. We'll be up on deck anyway, but it would be a bit of a novelty to look out at Sydney from our balcony! A bit silly. But meh.

I hope they do get to to Ouvea. We missed out in July but are hoping we make it there in Feb next year.

Hi all,

We leave today on Pacific Dawn and of course I was just checking to see if our lovely ship was in Sydney waiting for us.....and the cruise cam looks like the ship is maybe facing the opposite direction.??:confused:

I know this is a stupid question ....but thought someone out there may know.

Thanks

Catherine

Hope you have a fantastic cruise Catherine, look forward to hearing about it when you get back :)

Archived