Costa Fortuna November 23rd - a little help please.

clivep

We have just booked this cruise and I am amazed at how little information is available on the Costa website so any help would be appreciated.

Deck plans have been found easy enough on other websites but I amazed that Costa does not show them.

We have done the Web check in and got all electronic documents. Nowhere does it state the embarkation time in Venice. From other posts I belive that in due course we may get a paper ticket showing this time. On RCI and X we usually get straight on without any queue at 11.00. Last time with Costa was out of Savona about 7 years ago and we did not appreciate the free sauna when waiting several hours in their hot departure building before being allowed on board. Any suggestions?

Are robes provided in the cabins?

Is the cabin hairdrier attached in the bathroom or is it one my wife can actually use in comfort?

What are the opening hours of...

the buffet at lunchtime

the grill

the buffet in the evening (if it is open!!! I know it is not on MSC in the Med)

the pizzeria and is there a charge?

What is the latest time to disembark? We are used to this being about 9.00 but on this cruise we are not sceduled to dock until 9.00. I read a thread that said Costa allowed a much later time even into the afternoon. Is this correct?

We always like iced tap water with our evening meal. I believe they no longer provide this on MSC Med cruises. What is Costa like in this respect?

Thanks

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions:

Deck plans have been found easy enough on other websites but I amazed that Costa does not show them.

Deck plans are available for all ships, it is a layered type software, where you can also click on photos or videos.

Embarcation time. Any suggestions? Give Costa / TA a ring and ask them to conrfirm it in writing. Also look at the departure time, so that at leats you will know when the aprroximate last embarcation time wil be.

Are robes provided in the cabins? If you mean bath robes then only in the suites.

Is the cabin hairdrier attached in the bathroom or is it one my wife can actually use in comfort? The hair dryers are mostly situated in a drawer in the desk / dresser which also come with a stall and mirror.

What are the opening hours of... the buffet at lunchtime, the grill, the buffet in the evening (if it is open!!! I know it is not on MSC in the Med)?

Each day your cabin steward will deliver the daily program newsletter (called "TODAY") in it it gives the open times of restaurants, buffets and abrs. Also what type of dress Leisure / Gala etc. can be worn.

The pizzeria and is there a charge? F.O.C.

What is the latest time to disembark? We are used to this being about 9.00 but on this cruise we are not sceduled to dock until 9.00. I read a thread that said Costa allowed a much later time even into the afternoon. Is this correct? This information will also be available in the TODAY program.

We always like iced tap water with our evening meal. I believe they no longer provide this on MSC Med cruises. What is Costa like in this respect?

No problem on Costa, just ask your table waiter.

Ron

Clivep: I and my fiance will be taking this cruise as well. I have already recieved my docs and the embrkation time is 1:00PM (13:00) with the final time being 5:00PM (17:00). You should find that information on page one of your documents (the one right after the letter). I have had no problem locating the deck plan or even where my cabin is located. If you go to the Costa Cruse website you can located under the cabin tab. Have you registered on the costa site? Go to the special services tab put your booking number in and then look for the cabin tab in the upper left hand corner. You may order comfort items or other cabin items from that site as well. I would suggest you go visit the site and roam around in it; there you will find most everything you need. Am looking forward to a most enjoyable vacation after our wedding.

Archived