Freeport- Pinetree Stables eco/beach ride.

andnickali

Our time in Freeport was limited so I wanted an activity that was more than just sightseeing/shoppin or going to a beach. I found some suggestions for horseback riding here on CC and booked a tour with Pinetree Stables.

I contacted the owner and booked for 5 ppl- including my 8 yo daughter. We are very novice riders (to say the least), and I was assured the horses would not be too much for us to handle.

We arrived in port and caught a taxi over to the stables (I think $5 pp), we arranged for the same driver to come back and pick us up.

The owner checked us in upon arrival (we were the only ones riding that day) and held all of our belongings behind the desk- you are only permitted to take a bottle of water. Cameras are given to the guides as they do not want you distracted (for safety reasons) by taking pictures. The guides took tons of pictures thoughout the trip. My daughter was quite taken with the 25+ barn cats that came over to inspect the riders!

The horses were brought out and we were all assisted up and then on our way. Linda took the lead, Chris rode in the middle and Meg (I think was her name) was in the back. Linda kept my daughter right behind her and lead her horse the entire ride- which made me feel assured that she would be ok on her first horse ride. We proceeded on a cleared trail through the wooded area- Linda, Chris and Meg narrated the entire trip about the vegetation, history, climate, people, and lifestyle of Freeport. About 45 minutes into the ride we arrived at the beach. I beautiful flat, white strip with crystal clear water. The horses were about waist deep and we walked in the water with them for about 10 minutes. After the ocean part, it was back to the trail to return to the stables.

Overall the ride was very entertaining and informative. I would not hesitate to recommend their tour for groups of all ages.

A side note about Linda and the stables: Linda is the owner of the stable, and stated she has been riding since she was three. You can tell her love for the horses is one that extends far beyond a financial endeavor. She appeared to truly love her role as caretaker of the horses (those on the ride and those that are housed at the stables).

• 5 months later...
Our time in Freeport was limited so I wanted an activity that was more than just sightseeing/shoppin or going to a beach. I found some suggestions for horseback riding here on CC and booked a tour with Pinetree Stables.

I am thinking about booking this excursion directly with Pinetree Stables. Are they reputable. Anyone done this excursion recently??

Archived