Trim Patch?

Jane110

I've seen ads on the internet for these. Has anyone tried them? I'd like to know your experiences - good or bad.

We leave for 3 weeks for our cruise and have to get off the fall/holiday weight to get into my summer clothes. I'm not a very overweight person, but have about 8 pounds I need to get rid of. Yes, I'm eating better, etc, but need some short term help.

I've never tried any of the diet pills from the health food store. Any of these work?

Please, I'm not looking fot eating tips - I know a lot about nutrition and eat quite healthily.

Thanks

Tried a patch "not sure which one" a year or so ago.. it did NOTHING.

What I HAVE found that has worked for me (though I'm not sure if it'll be good for you since you want to see results rather quickly) is Cortislim (ok I know I sound like an infomercial.. but the ladies here on this site know me and my history) but it takes a fairly higher dosage (more than the 2x daily) and at least 2 weeks to see some results.

Drink water and keep a food journal (see, I didn't say ANYthing about what to or not to eat) so you're accountable to whatever eating plan you choose to try.

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn and Runner Girl,

Yes, the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is.

I might buy one of those diet pills at the health food store that cuts down on appetite. Though I'm not that big (I'm a "fat 4" at my ideal weight, a "slim 6" at an acceptable weight and now, I'm sliding to almost an 8 - all in my butt).

I eat right, but need to drastically cut down portions for a couple of weeks I guess......and not feel hungry which makes me grouchy.

When I get back to my cruise, I'm going back to weight watchers. I was with them a few years ago when I had this same problem. For long term, I think it's the best and healthiest. But I stopped going to meetings, stopped writing down what I eat and so in 2 years, the excess weight slowly came back. :-(

Thanks for your encouragement.

Jane

You are right about Weight Watchers - if you stop going to meetings and/or don't journal, you are probably going to gain weight. I lost 35 pounds in 1996 with weight watchers before my first cruise. Then I quit going and gained most of it back. Went back to Weight Watchers and lost again. Once again I quit and now I weigh more than I would like. For me, planning my meals weekly, writing everything down and exercising at least 30-45 minutes every day is what helps me lose and keep the weight off. I am cruising on 1/28/04 and will be the heaviest I have been in a long time. Decided to do what I can before we leave and just relax once on board and have a good time regardles..then when we get back I will once again write everything down, etc. Good luck and remember you are more than your weight!

I lost 75 pounds on Weight Watchers in 1989-90, and kept it off for over two years, even completing Weight Watchers leader training. Just as I was to be assigned my first group to lead, they changed policy and fired all the part-time leaders. I was relatively upset, as you can well-imagine, so I stopped going to meetings completely. I gained all the weight back, and more, within a year.

Weight Watchers, perhaps, is a life-long commitment. It works, but I feel that you really need to transition to some other form of psychological support in order to maintain your weight-loss long-term, without being beholden to the WW support process.

Archived