Carnival Kid Programs

Jewls25

We are sailing on the Destiny on 11-21. We have 3 kids ages 11, 13, and 15. Each are in a different category (camp carn., circle c, and club 02). I am wondering if I should let the older 2 have charging privileges or not. If they drink soda or other non-alcoholic drinks through the activities provided by carnival, do they charge extra for them? Also, the online preregistration will only allow me to register the 11 year old. Do I need to register the 2 older ones once we get to the terminal? I am going to call carnval to check, but thought I would throw it out there on here too. Thanks!

my kids are about the same age as yours and we do not give them charge priviledges. Milk and lemonade is free and you can buy a soda card that will get them all they can drink soft drinks and juices.

Circle C and Club 02 give the kids come and go priviledges so that is probably why you cant pre-register them. My memory fails me but I bellieve all we did was sign a "yes me children can participate and I release you from liability" form (you know the kind) and the older ones were good to go.

You don't need to do anything to register your oldest for Club O2. However, Circle C does require a parent to accompany the child to complete a registration form (it took all of about 5 minutes for me). You'll see the "roll out" time listed in the Capers for the first day.

As for charging privileges - we let our oldest have charging privileges when he was 14, on our second cruise. We also let him know that we would be keeping an eye on what he charged and that we could turn off the charging privilege if he abused it. He was good - about the most he charged was a daily $5 in the arcade and some candy in the gift shop. Our next son is 13 right now and we haven't given him charging privileges yet. I'm debating it for our February cruise. Kids are all different.

We do let the kids have soda cards. Aside from soda, they can get a few non-alcoholic drinks like Shirley Temples with the cards.

We are sailing on the Destiny on 11-21. We have 3 kids ages 11, 13, and 15. Each are in a different category (camp carn., circle c, and club 02). I am wondering if I should let the older 2 have charging privileges or not. If they drink soda or other non-alcoholic drinks through the activities provided by carnival, do they charge extra for them? Also, the online preregistration will only allow me to register the 11 year old. Do I need to register the 2 older ones once we get to the terminal? I am going to call carnval to check, but thought I would throw it out there on here too. Thanks!

Hey Jewls,

I am going to be on the same cruise with my 15 year old daughter. I plan on giving her charging priv. I plan on getting her a soda card

I just registered my son for Circle C online, but still have to print out and fill in a form to take with him.

Our children will all have charging privliges (ages 13, 16, 16, and 16). They are depositing their money into my account before we leave-I use a bank account, not a credit card). We will keep an eye on it, but don't expect any problems.

In addition to the check in procedure for refusing charging privileges....

when the boys were to young for charging privileges.... where someone usually puts the "signature" on the Sail and Sign card....I wrote...

NO CHARGING ALLOWED

Another tip....anyone under the age of 18 can charge $5 a day in the arcade....just by knowing their date of birth. If you do give your children charging privileges and you do not want them charging arcade tokens...have that "talk" with them.

I don't think I'll give my 9 and 12 year old charging privileges. They will both have soda cards, can get food and treats 24/7 for free, and they have video games in the kid's club. I don't think there's really anything they would need to charge. That's just my kids though.

I've always given my son charging privileges with a set limit per day that was his to do with as he would (he usually spent it at the arcade). Anything over and above had to be cleared with me or his dad beforehand. He was always good about it AND he learned some budgeting skills and prioritizing skills. I kept an eagle eye on our bill but with the exception of one time going overboard in the arcade (for which he made up for in other areas), we never had a problem. Seems to me it's a learning experience for your kids.

Hey Jewls,

I am going to be on the same cruise with my 15 year old daughter. I plan on giving her charging priv. I plan on getting her a soda card

awesome! maybe our kids will meet up in club 02!!!

We spend very little on our cruises. We don't drink and there is so far more food available than we can cope with. the kids will spend some of their money in the arcade, but hopefully we can just top up their card like we did on RCCL.

Having never given my kids charging onboard am curious to what the kids will be buying while onboard.

What do YOUR kids buy.

DD has had charging privileges since she was about 10. Set amount in the arcade each day, a slushy drink from the bar once, maybe twice a day. She has asked to buy a small box of gift candy and some other things but has never abused the privilege, and always asks before charging if it is outside of the preapproves.

My dd has been able to charge since she was 4. I do this because I ALWAYS leave my card behind in the room. That way I can charge on her card. She is going to be 11 (tomorrow!!) and we sail next week. We travel a lot and is always used to being able to buy stuff with her card. I never worry on a cruise cuz there just isn't much to buy. I don't get her a soda card - cuz she is not a big fan of soda - but she does like those strawberry daqaries! I have never really had to tell her about being careful with what she spends - cuz she doesn't spend money - she likes to save her money. Not sure what she is saving for just yet - but she has been saving for years.

Kathy

Archived