Booking a tour not using NCL

Kalena

Renting a car was a thought at first but I think Id rather decide what I want to see and have someone else take us to it. And I have a feeling doing the same tour the ship offers through another company will be somewhat cheeper. So pretty much I looking at Kauai and Maui mostly.

• 3 weeks later...

Also check out http://www.tombarefoot.com. They were very helpful. Tell them the times and ports where you'll be, and they can tell you which companies pick up. I'm on NCL Pride of Aloha March 6. Our group booked a lot of tours through the ship because of times we get in or leave, but I did book a few directly through companies recommended by Tom Barefoot that would pick up at dock.

While we didn't book any tours through this company, I did find them to be very helpful and accomodating when I did talk to them. We ended up booking through NCL for convenience and simply because the times worked better for us. Personally, it wasn't worth the hassle to pickup and return a rental car and then do the driving. However, with bigger groups, rental cars and/or independent tours are the way to go as the savings can really add up.

Archived