Costa Kids Club

winkfam

We are going on a cruise with our kids on the Atlantica on Dec.12th. We are planning to use the kids club for my 5 year old daughter at times. I was just wondering if they give you some sort of beeper in case they need to contact the parent at any point.

Thanks!

We are going on a cruise with our kids on the Atlantica on Dec.12th. We are planning to use the kids club for my 5 year old daughter at times. I was just wondering if they give you some sort of beeper in case they need to contact the parent at any point.

Thanks!

Hi There

We where on the Costa Mediterranea in October this year. We have a 7 & 3 year old who used the Kids Club. When I asked if they give the parents a phone or pager thay said that thay do not. When I asked what happens if my child needs us, thay said that thay would phone the room or try other activities to help sooth the child. This worked fine, even for my 3 year old who is not always keen on going to the kids clubs.

They did have a fantastic time, the staff where great, even though their english was limited.

We were on the Fortuna in Dec 07 and they did not issue beepers for any of the children. If you have sailed on other lines and used other childrens programs you will find Costa is a little different. Since the passengers are more multi-national many different languages are spoken, and the kids counselors each speak several different languages so we never had a problem with that. It was that actually the kids themselves couldn't really communicate well with one another so some of the activities weren't as fun. Even with that I asked my kids if they would be interested in going back to the Squok Club (the name of the kids club) this cruise and they said yes.

I don't know if this is still true but they used to get Squok dollars for participating in events at the kids club then at the end of the cruise they turn in the dollars to buy prizes. My kids got a frisbee, hat, wallet, and some other stuff.

Take good care of the Atlantica, we'll be on the sailing after you!

• 2 weeks later...

My DD7 and DS3 loved the kids club. The staff did an excellent job.

They do not offer beepers or the like to the parents. My DD did start to feel sick one night and they called the room and we went and picked her up. They also have you fill out some paperwork the first night and we gave them our cell # in case of an emergency. I don't know if they would have tried that # too if we hadn't answered the room phone.

I'm sure if the situation were to arise and it became urgent for them to get in touch with you they could always page over the ships PA system.

I'm glad to hear your kids had a great time.

Were there a lot of kids on your sailing? With it being during the school year I was wondering how it would be. With the kids sail free promotion we found lots of kids at anytime of year :eek:.

Our kids are looking forward to their cruise on the Atlantica.

Archived