Few questions about this island

witneys7

So, I've finally comitted to our activities on Cozumel (Nachi Cocom here we come) so now I need to figure out what to do on Grand Cayman. I'm thinking I would like to just rent a scooter and visit different spots throughout the short day we'll have on the island. So my question is this:

Does anyone know if there are scooter rentals close to where we come ashore, and the general price?

Also, does anyone know for sure if floats are available for rent/sale at most beaches?

And what spots would you definitely recommend to first time, non drinking visitors to go see?

Thanks so much!

I did Nachi last year and Mr Sanchos this year. Sanchos was a million times better. More to do. Better and cleaner facilities. Bar was nicer. Few minutes closer. We are planning our next cruise to go to Cozumel just to go to Sanchos again next year.

I'm sure there's still scooter rentals somewhere, but I just wanted to mention that the traffic is pretty heavy on Grand Cayman, and they drive on the left, (which I'm sure you arleady know). I do not mean to insult your driving ability by any means! Just wanted to point it out as the traffic can get pretty nasty in some areas and there are some rather crazy drivers. I'd suggest that if you're going to stay close to Georgetown, SMB, and/or the West bay area (for Hell, Turtle Farm), then you may find it easier to bus it. If you were to go more off the beaten path, say to the East End or North or Rum Point for example, then a scooter might be a nice idea actually, since there's not as much traffic, less or no buses, and it's quite scenic. Just my two cents.

Archived