RCCL Excursion: Antigua, Stingray City

Probably the best excursion in Antigua is thru' a private company. It is "Eli's Eco Tour". If you go to the Antigua boards you can find all sorts of info. Try googling Adventures Antigua.

We did the eco-tour on our last cruise, and it was great. This time we are very interested in seeing the stingrays.

My DH has been to Grand Cayman and enjoyed Stingray City. On our upcoming B2B we noticed that a stingray city excursion is offered on Antigua. Has anyone experienced this tour? Is it good? Is it worth the money? How does it compare to Grand Cayman?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Did this excursion last summer on the Explorer...enjoyed every minute of it! Lots & lots of stingrays around, friendly and knowledgable guides, and the best part...free drinks at the end of it! They took a couple photos which were available for purchase after, as well as a small gift shop, washrooms, and outdoor shower. Never went in grand caymen, so have nothing to compare it to but my friend & i had a great time and wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

have a great cruise!!

Hi there,

Did this excursion last summer on the Explorer...enjoyed every minute of it! Lots & lots of stingrays around, friendly and knowledgable guides, and the best part...free drinks at the end of it! They took a couple photos which were available for purchase after, as well as a small gift shop, washrooms, and outdoor shower. Never went in grand caymen, so have nothing to compare it to but my friend & i had a great time and wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

have a great cruise!!

Thank you so much for your input. I have a few questions... Did they let you take your own pictures? We have an underwater camera and would love to take our own pictures. Also, was it crowded with people? That is my biggest fear is that there would be so many people it would not be enjoyable.

Archived