b2b room switch...?MOVING

sailnsee

signed up 4 a cruise to follow a Thansgiving cruise on the Liberty...great price...tried, but could not get the deck 7 D1 we would be in-BUT did snag a D1 deck 10 aft-who has moved cabins between b2b's-what is the process-when,will they help etc.-do you always have to get off of the ship..thanx

signed up 4 a cruise to follow a Thansgiving cruise on the Liberty...great price...tried, but could not get the deck 7 D1 we would be in-BUT did snag a D1 deck 10 aft-who has moved cabins between b2b's-what is the process-when,will they help etc.-do you always have to get off of the ship..thanx

I recently called RCI on this issue and was told that if you keep the same stateroom you will physically need to get off the ship for a few minutes and get right back on, but your things can remain in your room. If you change your stateroom I was told that RCI staff will move it for you to the new room (which I am surprised to hear this) while you leave the ship for a few minutes. I have never done this and am only operating by what they told me at cusomer service.

I recently called RCI on this issue and was told that if you keep the same stateroom you will physically need to get off the ship for a few minutes and get right back on, but your things can remain in your room. If you change your stateroom I was told that RCI staff will move it for you to the new room (which I am surprised to hear this) while you leave the ship for a few minutes. I have never done this and am only operating by what they told me at cusomer service.

We have always had to get off the ship whether changing cabins or not. We have always moved our own things as this would take away valuable time from the cabin attendant,etc. However, we have usually only moved a few rooms down the hall in the same category and just carried the hanging clothes and actually swapped out actual drawers (they fit since it was the same cabin category). Did not ever actually repack.

I think whether or not you need to get off the ship on turnaround day depends on your departure port.

I have done 2 B2B's out of San Juan and never had to leave the ship :D

CK...too funny...as most of ours have been SJU and we always have to leave the ship. Very interesting! We had heard that sometimes folks got to stay on but that has never been our luck! Oh well!

Archived