This was unbelievable about purchasing cc stuff!

suse

Ok. It was my birthday yest. and I got this email from CC directing me to a site where I could buy CC stuff. I'm talking about CC magnets for $2.50 (a bargain), hats (where do you wear those? At the reception desk when complaining, you silly!) and all that stuff like shirts with Cruise Critic embroidered or whatever that is.

Do you buy this stuff? Just wondering. Kind of strange to knock around the neighborhood with it but maybe it has a useful purpose?

I once checked into hotel wearing my TripAdvisor baseball cap and got an immediate upgrade, I kid you not.:)

Ok. It was my birthday yest.

Suse, Let me start by saying...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

And now to the "That explains it all: comment in my header...

My birthday was the 4th. Which means that you and I are both Scorpios.

From 37 years of having a Scorpio (18 living under the same roofs) daughter, I now understand why you and I tend to not see eye to eye and irritate each other;). We are very much Scorpios and ... What more can I say..

I am sincere in my Happy Birthday Wishes and I hope you have at least 100 more to celebrate!!

Now, I have to get ready for hubby and I going to dinner to celebrate our 39th Anniversary today.

God Bless and Happy Birthday Suse.

IRL_Joanie

That explains it all? Have a great anniversary.

LOL yes it does explain it all. It explains why you and I tend to bump heads so much. We each are extremely stubborn, we each tend to be In Charge type of people, we each tend to want the last word in all conversation (as are most Scorpios). I could go on, but I won't because that would take forever:D

Believe me, having a daughter as strong willed child as stubborn and cantankerous as myself makes me appreciate my easy going and extremely wonderful hubby. LORD he had to have gone through absolute HELL for the 17 years our daughter lived with us!! (I do not count her 1st year because she had not learned to talk back yet.*Grin*

Thank you for the Anniversary wishes. My hubby is a wonderful man who deserved more, but got me instead and loves me in spite of myself:D

Before I forget, But the CC stuff, you can wear it on your cruises and definitely stand out to all. And CC members will always come up and ask where and how you got it.

IRL_Joanie

Well, Suse, since DH and I just celebrated our respective birthdays, and we are both Scorpio...

I'm guessing that's why I usually enjoy your posts so much. I don't agree with Joanie on her Scorpio thing, though. DH and I live in perfect harmony, are not stubborn, never feel the need to be in charge, and generally just roll with whatever comes our way. Really. Good things.

Happy Birthday!

Well, Suse, since DH and I just celebrated our respective birthdays, and we are both Scorpio...

I'm guessing that's why I usually enjoy your posts so much. I don't agree with Joanie on her Scorpio thing, though. DH and I live in perfect harmony, are not stubborn, never feel the need to be in charge, and generally just roll with whatever comes our way. Really. Good things.

Happy Birthday!

Jumping in here to add my two Scorpio cents! Happy belated birthdays. And Anniversary to come... I am a Scorp, born on my mother's bday, 5 days after my father's. My childhood was erm---full of drama.

But I digress. My Bday this year will be our sea day in the med before Malta on the Gem. Any suggestions how best to celebrate it with the hubby who is meeting me from Iraq?

...But I digress. My Bday this year will be our sea day in the med before Malta on the Gem. Any suggestions how best to celebrate it with the hubby who is meeting me from Iraq?

Your husband's service is GREATLY appreciated, and our thoughts are also with you and all the other family members with loved ones so far from home and in harm's way.

And, um, if you have to ask how to celebrate... I'm guessing he hasn't been away too long. :rolleyes: Surely, you'll think of something?

Ok. It was my birthday yest. and I got this email from CC directing me to a site where I could buy CC stuff. I'm talking about CC magnets for $2.50 (a bargain), hats (where do you wear those? At the reception desk when complaining, you silly!) and all that stuff like shirts with Cruise Critic embroidered or whatever that is.

Do you buy this stuff? Just wondering. Kind of strange to knock around the neighborhood with it but maybe it has a useful purpose?

I once checked into hotel wearing my TripAdvisor baseball cap and got an immediate upgrade, I kid you not.:)

LOL, suse! If you walked into my inn with a Trip Advisor hat, I'd surely give you an upgrade. Trip Advisor has had a HUGE impact on lodging establishments... small and large...and everything in between.

Do you buy this stuff?
Yes, we bought two luggage tags and a refrigerator magnet. We used to put the refigerator magnet on the door jamb of our cruise cabin until it was stolen, but the luggage tags are still on our bags.

We're another Scorpio couple! We celebrate 30 years in March on the Rotterdam in Tahati.

We don't have any CC merchandise but know others who do.

We are half a Scorpio couple (34 years.)..hubby Scorpio and I am Cancer(supposedly very compatible) Scorpio is said to be the most complex and sexiest sign of the Zodiac:D

Happy Bday Suse ,Happy Anniversary Joanie and best wishes to all you very interesting Scorpians:)

Your husband's service is GREATLY appreciated, and our thoughts are also with you and all the other family members with loved ones so far from home and in harm's way.

And, um, if you have to ask how to celebrate... I'm guessing he hasn't been away too long. :rolleyes: Surely, you'll think of something?

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but we to would like to thank your Husband. He and the Men and Women of our Military are making great sacrifices and we also GREATLY APPRECIATE what they do for us. Everytime my wife and I travel and we see Soldiers, we make a point of walking up to them and thanking them and offer to buy them lunch and a beverage. That is our tip of the day.

Jumping in here to add my two Scorpio cents! Happy belated birthdays. And Anniversary to come... I am a Scorp, born on my mother's bday, 5 days after my father's. My childhood was erm---full of drama.

But I digress. My Bday this year will be our sea day in the med before Malta on the Gem. Any suggestions how best to celebrate it with the hubby who is meeting me from Iraq?

I very much appreciate your service to our country. I pray for our servicemen and women.

On a lighter note, thank you for your good wishes everyone! The trip advisor hat was sent to me for filling out some survey. I guess I must have done a good job on that one! Hah!

Oh, and Pipedreams, I have a few zany magnets and am pondering one more. CC of course, you silly!:)

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but we to would like to thank your Husband. He and the Men and Women of our Military are making great sacrifices and we also GREATLY APPRECIATE what they do for us. Everytime my wife and I travel and we see Soldiers, we make a point of walking up to them and thanking them and offer to buy them lunch and a beverage. That is our tip of the day.

AMEN!! HWY101!! I agree 100% with you on our troops. I do the same walking up to them ans saying how thank ful I am to them for what they doo for us!! I also ask them to pass on my thanks to their families for their sacrifices. People thank the soldier but tend to forget the families.

I also walk up to Law Enforcement Officers and thank them.

God Bless all of our Heroes and their families!

Joanie

Archived