p&o cruise ship balcony rooms

johnny tallentire

What do you want to know? from what I see looking at the deck plan good position for us, near the aft deck for a quick exit to a sunbed, straight down to the restaurant, about as far as you can be from the plaza self serve. Above you unfortunately there is quite a bit, gym etc..

John

I stayed in a JB Grade balcony cabin on Oceana in September this year.

The cabins are ok, but found the ensuite tiny. You open the door and the loo is infront of you, with shower cubicle to left. Very small. But the cabin itself was perfectly good.

Photo here of exact cabin grade and balcony, although I was on B deck.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/OceanaAugust2009FjordsCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSenbjJ_a7hXQ#5378441240364132242

other photos of Oceana on that album if you want to click through.

Hi can anyone help,im booked on the oceana next year on the transatlantic cruise,im staying in room JB/A735,does anyone have any past experience of same or similar room any info would help.Counting the days roll on next oct:) also is anyone else booked on same cruise if so say hello. John

We have just returned from 2 weeks in the Med and stayed in that actual cabin. There were 4 of us in it and on the whole it was fine, yes the bathroom was small and there is a strange smell from the toilet most of the time but OK if you kept door shut. Joe was our cabin steward & he was a happy chappy, and always shouted "ello bouys" in his unique way when he saw our two sons! We booked this one due to the proximity of the kids clubs so that we could carry sleepy children back at night but did not think about the fact that the Plaza (& other restaurants) were at the other end of the ship;(usually food establishments are at Stern) still, at least we got some excercise every day!!!! Directly Above the cabin was Buzz zone (teenager area) and on a couple of evenings the activities in there cold be heard in the cabin (but not that loud).

Only other comments were that the bed rails on the upper pullmann beds were not done up tight and during the night they rattled against the metal base with the motion of the ship. On the 2nd night we jammed some pillows under them to stop them rattling which did the trick but you might want to take some allen keys to tighten them up!!!!

Hope you have a good time - we probably wont be returning to Oceana again (main reason discussed on other thread) but if you like repetitive dance routines as entertainment i'm sure you will have a great time.

If you have any other queries just ask!!:)

Hmmmmmm How did you guess!!! We were listening to two of the dancers at the horizon Grill one day & they were worried about a particular dance routine they had to perform later that night. The other dancer replied to the comment as " dont worry, its heel & toe as it is in all of the other routines" Which i think summed it up perfectly dont youthink!?

I'm glad it might only be Oceana, we're on Oriana next May and were hoping they might be slightly bigger.

Yes I've stayed in Oriana and Oceana balconies this year and Orianas are bigger - and more expensive, as they are at a premium - Oriana only having one deck of balconies on her. You get a dressing gown, slippers and binoculars in a Oriana balcony too.

Sorry to go off topic...

I used to think Headliners were really good but having seen the same shows time & time again it goes off a bit,& when you realise that it's a big sound for the numbers of people actually "miked up".......Having said this if you see them for the first time the shows are good...apart from the 60's one maybe, embarrassing.

Hi can anyone help,im booked on the oceana next year on the transatlantic cruise,im staying in room JB/A735,does anyone have any past experience of same or similar room any info would help.Counting the days roll on next oct:) also is anyone else booked on same cruise if so say hello. John

out of curiosity - you dont work for carnival Group do you????

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I've stayed in Oriana and Oceana balconies this year and Orianas are bigger - and more expensive, as they are at a premium - Oriana only having one deck of balconies on her. You get a dressing gown, slippers and binoculars in a Oriana balcony too.

SUE I have booked Oriana deluxe outside no balcony but with large picture window are they the same size as the state room you was in as there are no photos on the P&O web site thank you.

SUE I have booked Oriana deluxe outside no balcony but with large picture window are they the same size as the state room you was in as there are no photos on the P&O web site thank you.

Yes. I am looking at the pando brochure page 214 (2009) and the DELUXE outside stateroom EA/EB looks to be the same size cabin as the DELUXE balcony cabin minus...''the balcony'':p. see note under description of deluxe balcony stateroom, ''also available as deluxe outside staterooms at EA/EB grades with a picture window rather than a balcony) The scale drawing of the cabin also clearly shows the small (but adequate) ensuite with toilet opposite the door and shower cubicle. Hope that helps.:)

• 3 years later...

Hi Johnny try the roll-call threads http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=382 to meet up with others.

Archived