designated smoking cabins?

ksy8384

We are first time cruisers and reading the air freshner thread brought up a question.

Do cruises have designated smoking cabins like hotels do? Is smoking allowed in the cabins? We are not smokers and I have respiratory issues so being in a cabin for a week after it has been smoked in is not an option.

Can I request a non smoking cabin?

We are first time cruisers and reading the air freshner thread brought up a question.

Do cruises have designated smoking cabins like hotels do? No Is smoking allowed in the cabins? Yes We are not smokers and I have respiratory issues so being in a cabin for a week after it has been smoked in is not an option.

Can I request a non smoking cabin? No

My answers are in red. The only exception is that a couple of ships have spa cabins, in which smoking is prohibited. They are expensive. Other cruise lines have different rules; this refers to Carnival.

So for you non-smokers has this ever been as issue for you? Smoky cabin from previous cruise?

If we got to our cabin and found it wasn't tolerable (due ot smoke) could we request to be moved? Is this something I should talk to Special Needs about?

So for you non-smokers has this ever been as issue for you? Smoky cabin from previous cruise?

If we got to our cabin and found it wasn't tolerable (due ot smoke) could we request to be moved? Is this something I should talk to Special Needs about?

Only a couple of people have ever said they had an issue. If you do, notify your cabin steward and they will come in with special cleaners and clean everything fabric that can't be physically replaced.

Relax, you'll be fine.

If you book the Dream or the Splendor....you can book a Spa cabin.

They have interior and balconies for the most part.....

All Spa cabins on these two ships are nonsmoking in the cabin and on the balconies.

I have never smelled smoke in a cabin. Carnival does a very good job sanatizing the cabins between cruises. I have smelled smoke in the halls a few times. And of course in all the public area that allow smoking a gas mask would come in handy to have sometimes. But then it would be hard to consume DODs in vast quanitys. :D

I cannot stand to smell stale smoke odor, but have never had an issue with this on Carnival. The only trace of smoking in the cabins I found were burn marks on the vanity in the bathroom, carpets, and counters in the bedroom, very lovely to look at, and they say irons are a hazzard!

Pop, pop, pop...

What??????????????????

That's the sound of the popcorn popping.

Back to topic: I am sensitive to the smell of smoke, and in 3 Carnival cruises, I have never smelled any hint of smoke in a cabin. They do a fantastic job of removing the smells from cabins.

As a previous poster said, if you do smell any smoke, tell your cabin steward and he/she will use the magic ozone machine to obliterate any odors.

Archived