Glory or Splendor?

chieftd16

Some friends and I are planning a cruise in early May and we're trying to decide between two cruises:

Glory (out of Miami) - goes to Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Grand Cayman

Splendor (out of LA) - goes to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas

Just wondering what would be a better option. Pricing is similar for both so just seeing what itinerary/ship would be better. The only port we've been to in either itinerary is Grand Cayman (had a great time there). Thanks for the help!

We did the mexican riviera 2 yrs ago and loved it. It was on the pride. PV was a little dirty but we had a blast zip linning. I LOVED mazatlan, rustic but clean. Cabo was beautiful but very very touristy and commercialized. Had tons of fun @ all 3.

We are going on the western caribbean this spring. So, we will have done both, but did mex first.

Hard to say!

I loved the Splendor! This was my first cruise so I can't compare it to the Glory but I loved this ship. I was amazing. The ports were nice. I did fall in love with the Splendor. It was a great ship! I would sail her again if the opportunity arises.

I can't really speak to the Splendor itinerary as my sailing ended up at the Mexican Riviera port of San Francisco. :rolleyes: I do like Cabo though as we went there via Elation and I am looking at sailing down there on Spirit next year.

But, I really enjoyed the Glory. She's not as big as Splendor and I think getting to Long Beach is kind of a pain (assuming flying into LAX). Also, as we learned during the swine flu hysteria, there really aren't any alternate ports in the event of the need to be diverted elsewhere on the West Coast. There are many more options in the Caribbean area. You probably wouldn't have to worry too much about a hurricane but you never know what might spring up.

Thanks everyone for the input!

Sounds like this isn't an easy decision. Anything specific that's better about the ports on either ship (more to do, nicer cities, etc...)? Anything specific that's better about the ship itself (better amenities, less busy, etc...)?

One more thing- do you think it's a big deal that we've already been to Cayman? Would it be better to try something completely new in the Mexican Riviera or stick with the Caribbean since we've never been to the other 3 ports (Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan)? Thanks again!

Some friends and I are planning a cruise in early May and we're trying to decide between two cruises:

Glory (out of Miami) - goes to Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Grand Cayman

Splendor (out of LA) - goes to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas

Just wondering what would be a better option. Pricing is similar for both so just seeing what itinerary/ship would be better. The only port we've been to in either itinerary is Grand Cayman (had a great time there). Thanks for the help!

I do not know where you live so I am going on you have to fly either way. I would go on the MR itinerary on the Splendor. First, I love the MR itinerary. Loved PV. Strongly suggest going to Krystal's for a massage and enjoying the pool area. Mazatlan take the flintstone taxis for the day and enjoy a great tour. Cabo go to the beach and enjoy the water and drinks.

One more thing- do you think it's a big deal that we've already been to Cayman? Would it be better to try something completely new in the Mexican Riviera or stick with the Caribbean since we've never been to the other 3 ports (Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan)? Thanks again!

I enjoy going to the same port. What I didn't do one time I can do the next. But do come to California. There is so much to do here besides the cruise.

I do not know where you live so I am going on you have to fly either way.

Sorry, probably should have mentioned that. I live in Wisconsin, so yes, I would be flying either way. Cost of the flight seems to be about the same to Miami or LA.

what to do, what to do....:) these are tough ones. I don't think it is a real big deal that you have been to Cayman, plenty to do there. The other ports on that cruise are varied and different. Cozumel is my favorite port (some people hate it!), Roatan is nice as well. Belize is a unique, very shallow waters (the tender process is at least several miles). It is the one port where I would recommend that you only do a ship excursion. There is absolutely nothing to do in Belize City.

On the other side, all three ports on the Mexican Riviera are obviously Mexican. PV, is a fair size town, many things to do either with the ship or by yourselves (check the Mexican Riviera boards), Mazatlan is a really big city, lots to do and I love Cabo but it is much smaller.

Hope this helps....

Archived