Atlantis Med 2010 Venice - Athens; August 16 2010 (Celebrity Equinox)

relo

On the last day they left a leaflet for the alumni site. Has anyone who cruised for the first time received a login/password. As instructed on the faq page I mailed to the address provided to request one but even after more than a week I haven't received any response from them :confused:

I'm also curious if anyone who has rebooked during the cruise received any confirmation. My travel agent hasn't received anything till now. I checked my creditcard and they haven't charged it for the initial deposit either.

I think you'll find a large proportion of their staff have also been on the Athens to Barcelona cruise and haven't had a day off work in weeks.

When they get back to work they have a lot of catch-up work to do, and from my experiences their administrative side could do with some major improvements anyway.

So I wouldn't expect access to the alumni site for at least a month.

Concerning your travel agent, you booked next year's trip direct with Atlantis on the ship, so I don't see why they would inform your travel agent (who I can't imagine would get a commission on a direct booking).

.... they get back to work they have a lot of catch-up work to do, and from my experiences their administrative side could do with some major improvements anyway.

..... your travel agent, you booked next year's trip direct with Atlantis on the ship, so I don't see why they would inform your travel agent (who I can't imagine would get a commission on a direct booking).

I couldn't agree more with you about their administive side. :-)

On our signed booking form it states that they will automatically transfer the booking to the TA that they have on file for your last booking (of course only if you have used one). So that's why i expect them to transfer the booking. According to this forum this is done very regularly where someone books directly with the cruisline and then transfer the booking to get some OBC. The transfer is for us important because that way our TA will be responsible according Dutch law in the event that Atlantis isn't able to fulfill their obligations.

If you leave me your email address, I can send you an invite to the Atlantis Alumni website. All current members have this capability.

Thank you for the offer. My email adress is relo23 at hotmail dot com. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on why no extras were provided for this cruise as usual (Luggage Tags, Atlantis Bags, etc?)

I got an Atlantis luggage tag while aboard the ship. There is an unconfirmed report I've read, I believe in the alumni site, that the bags weren't finished on time for our cruise, and that they would just be MAILED-OUT. Again, this is unconfirmed as far as I'm concerned, and would entail a considerable mailing expense on Atlantis' part, especially since about half the passengers are from outside the USA.

I got an Atlantis luggage tag while aboard the ship. There is an unconfirmed report I've read, I believe in the alumni site, that the bags weren't finished on time for our cruise, and that they would just be MAILED-OUT. Again, this is unconfirmed as far as I'm concerned, and would entail a considerable mailing expense on Atlantis' part, especially since about half the passengers are from outside the USA.

We got the same story about the Atlantis tote bags while on the 2009 Med cruise. At that time the bags were stuck somewhere between China and the USA. I asked about it at Atlantis guest relations onboard. About a week after I got back home, the bag arrived at my residence. It's unclear if I got the bag because I asked about it or if everyone received one. I was on the 2010 Med cruise too, but have not received a bag yet. I did not ask about it at guest relations.

Archived