Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami

gtmerc

Because the flights for us are much cheaper flying into FLL then MIA, we have used SAS often.

I would not recommend this to the first timers, but we used SAS for our last cruise. The ship arrived at 7am. We self disembarked, and made our 9am flight out of FLL.

Boy how I wished I had this info before our cruise in September! I had read something here on CC about a taxi being $25 from airport to POM...well it is if you fly into MIAMI! Yikes...the fare kept going up and up and up and was close to $70 when we got there (maybe a bit more can't remember for sure). This would save quite a bit...plus the NCL bus going back was $25 pp...so again cheaper and on your own schedule a bit more. NCL bus leaves at only one time and our flight was a bit later. We could have relaxed bit more the morning of!

I have reserved SAS for my Feb. cruise. My question is, can I still hang around the ship a little while, eat breakfast and depart around 9:30? Or will I be expected to rush off as soon as possible?

We are also using SAS for our upcoming cruise. In your conformation email, if you read it closley, it says that they will inform you at your initial drop off as to when you will be picked up upon your return. At least that is the way Steve explained it to me.

If you really put things into perspective........wouldn't it make more sense for their shuttle service to drop people off close to their boarding time and THEN pick-up returning passengers? That's what I'd do. But, who knows for sure. Just sayin........

Archived