RCCL Mariner - Adventure Ocean Kid's Dinner Question

forevercruising1

Hi, all!

We are beginning to plan which nights to visit Chops and Portofino, but we've been unable to confirm, for sure, which nights Adventure Ocean has the kid's dinners at Johnny Rocket's.

Do any of you who have sailed on the Mexico route of the Mariner have that information? We'd like to go to the specialty restaurants "childless", but, if we are unable to do so, I assume the fee is still the same for a child; is that correct? (We are aware that reservations with children must be prior to 7:00 pm.)

Any confirmation or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :):D:)

Kids dinners are on the two formal nights and sometimes 1 non-formal night.

Also, just to throw a wrench in the works, if there are alot of kids onboard that week (like during some of the holiday/summer times) then they can have kid dinners every night.

To be safe, book Chops/Portofino on the first Formal Night. Then you can guarantee that your child will be having their own Formal Night. Make sure you make your booking after 7pm, which is generally when the AO opens for Formal Night. Book 8pm, just to be extra sure.

And I wanted to add, you DO NOT want to take a child to Chops/Portofino. Well, put it this way, my kids would NEVER sit through the 2-3 hours dining experience in Chops/Portofino. And frankly, I BARELY made it through myself ;)

So unless your child LOVES to go to fine dining restaurants and sit for 2-3 hours (there are kids on this board that do), then book during an AO Dinner night.

Archived