Grand Turk dive op recommendations

TreeCity

Will be in Grand Turk in March with Princess. Does anyone know who they use for dive excursions. Who would you recommend?:D

We just spoke to the owner of Oasis Divers at convention. She let us know

she now has a boat down near cruise dock. You can view website http://www.oasis divers.com. We were very pleased with their operation. Diving in Grand

Turk is one of my top sites (over 500 dives in many countries).

Scubashari

We are diving on the 23rd with Blue Water. We got great reviews for them here on CC. We'll come back and post after our cruise. We are newbies to diving this will be my first dive after check outs, DD and DH have done two other dives since check out. From what I understand they take only 8 divers on a trip, so it is much more personalized than when you do an excursion through the cruise ship.

We are diving on the 23rd with Blue Water. We got great reviews for them here on CC. We'll come back and post after our cruise. We are newbies to diving this will be my first dive after check outs, DD and DH have done two other dives since check out. From what I understand they take only 8 divers on a trip, so it is much more personalized than when you do an excursion through the cruise ship.

Actually, they'd only take 6 divers when I went with them. I recommend them.

Oasis is the cruise dive operator. They have a large pontoon boat for the ships' dives and take up to 24 divers on a trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Blue Water Divers. They take up to eight on their boats, but on our trip, there were only five plus the dive master. You take a cab to their place, but they dropped us off just up the beach from the cruise center and we walked back. Daniel was our dive master, and he really took care of us. He was very helpful and patient as it was our first time diving from a boat. We dove two sites, both within a five to ten minute boat ride from the shore.

• 1 month later...

We dove with Blue Water Divers in Grand Turk on Christmas Day 2009 and had a great time. We were the first ship in port and were only docked for four hours so I could only do a one tank dive.

We first caught a cab to the Blue Water Divers shop from the cruise ship pier for $5 per person. The trip to the dive shop takes about 15-20 minutes.

On our day, I was the only diver and my wife was the only snorkeler. We got on the dive boat for the two or three minute boat ride out to the wall site. My dive was 45 minute bottom time with maximum depth of 96 feet. The highlight of the dive was a spotted eagle ray, my first encounter with one. My wife snorkeled off of the boat while we dove.

We then caught another cab back to the pier. The town where the dive shop is was almost a ghost town and a nice alterative to the pier area which was packed with people by the time we got back. It was a very enjoyable day, particularly for the short time period that we had to visit.

• 3 months later...

I used the ship excursion operator which happened to be Oasis. I was happy with the experience and felt like they did a good job. The only thing that was a problem was that I wanted to use Nitrox (Yep, certified ;)) so when I got on board the ship I asked who the op was and if they had Nitrox. They emailed Oasis asking about Nitrox and was told they did not do Nitrox. When I got to the port and met up with the guys from Oasis I expressed my disappointment that I could not get Nitrox through them. He was surprised and said they offer enriched air if I had just contacted them before I got to Grand Turk! The email went from the ship on Sunday and the dive was on Friday. That sounds early to me, but I could be wrong :D. Next time I make that trip I will contact them from home weeks ahead, but I did not know who the op was for the cruise lines. I would have felt so much better after the dives had i been able to get the Nitrox. Live and learn!

Archived