excursions question

SheriAZ

We are getting ready to book excursions. My question is about the return time. The excursion is 12:15 to 4:45 and it's 4.5 hours. Does that mean we get back to the ship at 4:45, or we leave the place of excursion at 4:45? I'm guessing it's when we get back to the ship, but want to be sure. Thanks in advance.

We are getting ready to book excursions. My question is about the return time. The excursion is 12:15 to 4:45 and it's 4.5 hours. Does that mean we get back to the ship at 4:45, or we leave the place of excursion at 4:45? I'm guessing it's when we get back to the ship, but want to be sure. Thanks in advance.

Sheri,

The first time stated is the time your tour begins. If it is a ship sponsored excursion, you will be asked to meet at a central location, usually in the ship's theater about 45 minutes prior to the start of the excursion.

The second time is the time you will be back at the ship's dock.

If it is a ship sponsored excursion all of this information will be printed on your tickets.

Remember to do your research on each port because it may be much cheaper, and more fun to go on your own. And sometimes the reverse is true, the best way to experience the port in a no hassle way, is to go on a ship's excursion. You can always cancel an excursion, I believe, up to 24 - 48 hours before the excursion is scheduled to begin so don't feel that you cannot make changes. And generally if an excursion you want, is reported said to be sold out, keep checking with the excursion desk on the ship because there will be cancellations.

Thanks, I appreciate your responses.

Fred, I am so not adventuresome or brave. I'm going to stick with the cruise excursions, at least for my first cruise. It will be less for me to worry about. Thanks for letting me know I could cancel an excursion if I need to.

The good thing about a ship's excursion, is you don't have to do anything but have fun. They take responsibility for everything. All you do is meet where they tell you...and that's that!

hello,

CB and others, you are right that a ship's excursion is hassle free...they take care of all of the details. And sometimes but not always this is the way to go. Sometimes it is better if you do your research and go exploring on your own. You can save a lot of money and at the same time have a wonderful time seeing and doing more.

My point is that persons interested in going on a cruise for the first time should do their research about the ports they will be visiting and then decide. Over many years of cruising to many different ports, we have followed this approach and it has worked very well. We have gone on some wonderful ship sponsored excursions such as a recent Catamaran/bus tour of the Ushaia area.

Especially, younger men and women new to a cruise should consider going on their own.

Archived