LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Century 20-May-2010 TA

MattNYC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt - I've also posted on the regular thread for the cruise, but thought we could link up on this board as well. We were lucky on our Azamara Cruise to have met some really great gay guys so we're looking forward to meeting you and your partner. No doubt, there will be others on this thread as I'm sure many other family members will find the cruise an exceptional deal.

Ellen and MaryLynn

Hi Matt - I've also posted on the regular thread for the cruise, but thought we could link up on this board as well. We were lucky on our Azamara Cruise to have met some really great gay guys so we're looking forward to meeting you and your partner. No doubt, there will be others on this thread as I'm sure many other family members will find the cruise an exceptional deal.

Ellen and MaryLynn

Hello Ellen + MaryLynn and Matt + Wayne!

I, too, have posted on the regular board for the cruise. We're set on this one and we'll be booking next week. We are looking forward to some "do nothing" time, relax, meet people and chat, and sleep in, if the mattresses are good!

We, too, were fortunate to meet some very nice gay people on our last AZ cruise around Italy this summer. I haven't talked to everyone on the ship, but I would estimate there were about six or seven couples. AZ is a very nice line. We are quite pleased with our last two cruises and we will sail with them again.

Ellen and MaryLynn: Which cruise did you take with AZ?

We certainly look forward to chatting over the next few months and later meeting the four of you on the ship.

Sylvain

In answer to your question, we were on the 14 Night Ancient Empires cruise and loved it. We even said we would consider doing it again as there were so many different options during in-port times.

Look forward to meeting you on board. Ellen & MaryLynn

Sylvain, Ellen & MaryLynn,

Glad to hear from everyone and very much looking forward to meeting you. We can't yet enroll for the Connections meeting as we haven't made final payment. Regardless, we'll have to pick some times/places to meet on board. I am not sure whether Celebrity helps to arrange LGBT get-togethers on their ships as some other lines do. I'll get more info as the sail date gets closer.

TTFN

Matt

Sylvain, Ellen & MaryLynn,

Glad to hear from everyone and very much looking forward to meeting you. We can't yet enroll for the Connections meeting as we haven't made final payment. Regardless, we'll have to pick some times/places to meet on board. I am not sure whether Celebrity helps to arrange LGBT get-togethers on their ships as some other lines do. I'll get more info as the sail date gets closer.

TTFN

Matt

When we went to the Carribean on the Westerdam in April, HAL had the FOD meetings scheduled in the Atrium bar from day one. We had a great group and a fantastic bar tender who was enjoying himself a lot working this bar. Needless to say, we probably made him blush a bit, but it's all part of the fun! The group was quite varied and included a straight couple who preferred our company. What can we say... we are more fun! :D

In answer to your question, we were on the 14 Night Ancient Empires cruise and loved it. We even said we would consider doing it again as there were so many different options during in-port times.

Look forward to meeting you on board. Ellen & MaryLynn

We had the same reaction after our Best of Italy. It was such a beautiful cruise for us, we were ready to stay on the ship and move on to the next destination. We will likely consider it again at some point. In the meantime, there are other destinations and itineraries we need to do... so much to see and do, so little time!

• 2 months later...

I hope everyone here has already joined the "Roll Call" for this cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1090260

People are organizing some social activities for all and hopefully, we can all get a chance to meet during the Cruise Connections party onboard.

If anyone would like to plan any LGBT get-togethers (besides whatever the ship may do), please speak up.

Matt

I hope everyone here has already joined the "Roll Call" for this cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1090260

People are organizing some social activities for all and hopefully, we can all get a chance to meet during the Cruise Connections party onboard.

If anyone would like to plan any LGBT get-togethers (besides whatever the ship may do), please speak up.

Matt

Hello Matt,

It seems the group is small, at least among CC.com members, but there might be other members of the family who are not CC.com members and who will join at the LGBT get-togethers organized by the ship. We'll have to wait and see on board.

It would be very nice to get together with you and Wayne and Ellen and MaryLynn (the six of us so far!) and get to know everyone. BTW, thanks for the work you are doing on the other side. I think I'll have to fill out the form again because I filled it out before it was "officially" open, so who knows where my information went!

Cheers,

Sylvain

• 3 weeks later...

:)Nice to see upon my first check that other Friends Of Dorothy are sailing on this cruise. I made an inquiry before I saw your entry.

I am meeting up with friends in Barcelona and Madrid for an extended land portion.

I requested with Celebrity to dine with other singles and hopefully they will provide a lounge for a daily get together.

:)PoohOnDeck:)

Hello.

My partner and I will be aboard the May 20th transatlantic departure on the Century. We will be traveling with two other single straight girl friends and can't wait to get on board and get this trip started. We will be spending a week in Barcelona after and then flying to Paris for another extended stay. Our 14 day trip is now over a month long with stops in Barcelona, Paris, and London... then ????

We will definately swing by the "friends of dorothy" events if hosted by the ship to check in. Please say hello if you see us around the ship. Looking forward to 7 days of R&R... May 26th is my transatlantic b-day... should be interesting.

Look forward to a GREAT vacation and to meeting quality folks to share fun times with.

Cheers!

Don & Randy

Jamie & LeeAnn

Hello.

My partner and I will be aboard the May 20th transatlantic departure on the Century. We will be traveling with two other single straight girl friends and can't wait to get on board and get this trip started. We will be spending a week in Barcelona after and then flying to Paris for another extended stay. Our 14 day trip is now over a month long with stops in Barcelona, Paris, and London... then ????

We will definately swing by the "friends of dorothy" events if hosted by the ship to check in. Please say hello if you see us around the ship. Looking forward to 7 days of R&R... May 26th is my transatlantic b-day... should be interesting.

Look forward to a GREAT vacation and to meeting quality folks to share fun times with.

Cheers!

Don & Randy

Jamie & LeeAnn

Glad to know you'll be joining on the cruise. Quite a program you have there -- cruise and land trip. Barcelona is quite beautiful, and Paris, well... I hope you'll enjoy. We'll have to talk and share some of our experiences in Paris, although they now go back a few years. icon7.gif

See you May 20th.

Sylvain and Jeff

My partner Don and I are joining you on this TA. This will be our second TA on Celebrity and our third overall. They are our favorites. Lots of down time. Our first TA also ended in Barcelona, but we were too stupid to realize how beautiful and interesting the city would be and only stayed a day and a half (couldn't reschedule at that point). This time we'll be there for four days and hope to see many of the things we missed.

There seems to be a lot of action on the other board, planning of private tours, etc. but haven't signed on their yet.

BTW, we've been on several Celebrity cruises and they don't seem to have a problem with FOD meetings, but we had to request them.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting everybody and anyone with private tour ideas, let us know.

Tom

:)On Sunday, April 25th, several South Floridians sailing on the Celebrity Century May 20th TA are gathering to meet and eat.

Please join us if you reside in South Florida or happen to be in the area that day.

Time and place to be decided but a location on the water seems appropriate easily accessible to all.

Please provide the following: 1) names(s) 2) hometown 3) any location suggestions 4) e-mail address for correspondence

Please e-mail your interest to mitchsfl@gmail.com to avoid many threads on this get-together.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

:)PoohOnDeck:)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, we are Patty & Vicky from Orlando and will be sailing on the May 20 TA Celebrity cruise out of Miami. I was not aware of this thread until this evening & thanks Matt for posting on the other board to let all of us know.

We are both really looking forward to this cruise & would like any updates regarding possible get-togethers.

Patty & Vicky,

Welcome to this board, too :)

I'm in Orlando through Thursday visiting my dad (on a "working" vacation since the TA is eating up most of my PTO :rolleyes:). Had I thought in advance, we could have done a Central Florida get-together like Mitchell planned (in South Florida).

Since I am not good at organizing social events, have never been on Celebrity, and will be helping Wayne make sure his parents aren't bored, would someone like to volunteer to coordinate any LGBT meet-ups on-board?

To anyone here who has not already done so and want to be able to be reached directly before or during the cruise, please fill in the form I am using on the Roll Call (you'll have to check out that board for explanation of some of the activities that are mentioned):

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGpyUjNMamw2MmVsYllmMlNnVlU2REE6MA

Thanks,

Matt

While we've not been on Celebrity before I know that they have a Martini Bar. How about if we meet up at 4:00 PM on May 21 unless the cruise critic party is the same time. Or if someone has an alternative suggestion, please feel free. Ellen and MaryLynn

Sounds good to us---I am really looking forward to the slow pace those 1st seven days....

While we've not been on Celebrity before I know that they have a Martini Bar. How about if we meet up at 4:00 PM on May 21 unless the cruise critic party is the same time. Or if someone has an alternative suggestion, please feel free. Ellen and MaryLynn

That sounds good for us, too, Martini Bar at 4:00 p.m. on May 21. By then, there might also be an LGBT meeting already posted on the ship's newsletter; if so, we can switch place. But for now, MB at 4 pm on the 21.

We look forward to meeting everyone in this group. About three weeks left before departure. Luggage tags came in yesterday, so I guess we are really all set to go.

Sylvain and Jeff

I will consider it a definite maybe (my trademark confirmation - I usually leave the door open should the man of my dreams come along) to meet in the Martini Bar. You will recognize me by the rainbow wristband I will be wearing (probably not necessary as some say the flames are obvious) along with my Lance Armstrong yellow one. Actually will be meeting one of the men of my dreams in Sitges outside Barcelona, a friend for many years. Lost my true partner a few years ago. BY the way, we had an absolutely fabulous pre-cruise Sunday Brunch a few days ago at a lovely waterfront home. I kept the breeders entertained and it made for a most memorable afternoon. I guess party planning is in my blood (they offered to pay me but I preferred to take it out in trade. No takers) and the dishes presented were rather tasty including quiche (I know- don't say it!!) and a souffle among others.

:)Mitch:)

That sounds good for us, too, Martini Bar at 4:00 p.m. on May 21. By then, there might also be an LGBT meeting already posted on the ship's newsletter; if so, we can switch place. But for now, MB at 4 pm on the 21.

We look forward to meeting everyone in this group. About three weeks left before departure. Luggage tags came in yesterday, so I guess we are really all set to go.

Sylvain and Jeff

4pm in the MB sounds good. I will mark it down (somewhere--I am not the organized one of us :P )

Just an FYI though, CruCon--which has sold about one-third of the cabins on the entire ship!--has tentative plans for a cocktail reception (no time known, yet) for their customers only on 5/21. I would imagine theirs would be towards the evening, but who knows...

Matt

Hi Matt - We also booked through CruCon, but like you I think their cocktail party will probably be later that evening. How about it if we leave it at 4:00 and if there is a strange coincidence that has the CruCon party at the exact same time, we'll move our GLBT drinks to May 22 at 4:00. Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like there is at least 10-12 of us in total (not counting people who aren't on Cruise Critic). Those of you who have good gaydar (mine sucks) and are good at approaching strangers, feel free to invite others you see on board.

We're staying the night out by JFK to catch our 7AM flight to Miami tomorrow. I am 90 minutes away from selling my place in Brooklyn and we might actually get to sign a contract to buy a new place in Brooklyn together (it is an insanely busy week!!!).

Looking forward to meeting everyone on board!

Matt

Archived