Going on first cruise! Need Ideas on proposing on the ship! Getting Married!

fmjets11

Let us know how it goes and what you ended up deciding with how to propose! I'm so excited for you!!!

I personally like the 'have someone take your photo and then ask them to take another and then get down on one knee' Then it's only semi-public and you have the best picture of your cruise!!!

One more suggestion: Whatever you decide, if possible, try to keep the ring with you most of the time in case a "perfect" proposal moment occurs. My now hubby was going to propose to me by the water in our town after a wonderful romantic dinner and stroll. Only problem was (as I found out later) that just as he was about to whip out the ring and pop the question a very large wharf rat decided to amble up the dock and toward the bench we were on. Truly ruined the moment and (as hubby told me later) he did not want the rat to be my memory of my engagement! He ended up keeping the ring in his various pants/jacket pockets with him for about the next 5 days and finally proposed overlooking the same river in a different location (which we just happened to stop by).

Whatever you decide-congratulations and let us know after you get back.

Thanks for all the support! What would the cruise director be able to help me with though? Alot of people said to try to get in contact with him...

I would think the CD would help you in announcing it or maybe getting some wine/roses, etc. It'd up to you though.

I love people, but this would be a private moment if I had my preference. I looked at your itinerary and it looks like you'll be in Nassau until 10:00 pm. Maybe you could take a walk on the beach near sunset. Take a bag with something to sit on and champagne and a couple of glasses (and the ring, of course).

Or you might be able to find a small sailboat you could charter for a sunset cruise. We have done several private tours on different islands and drivers stop at beautiful places for photo ops. Maybe research the Port boards and see if you could hire a private guide for a couple of hours and correspond w/him via email, he'd even take your pic for you. In Antigua, there's a guide that will provide a picnic for two on a private beach with fruit, cheese, and champagne for a reasonable price.

One more suggestion: Whatever you decide, if possible, try to keep the ring with you most of the time in case a "perfect" proposal moment occurs. My now hubby was going to propose to me by the water in our town after a wonderful romantic dinner and stroll. Only problem was (as I found out later) that just as he was about to whip out the ring and pop the question a very large wharf rat decided to amble up the dock and toward the bench we were on. Truly ruined the moment and (as hubby told me later) he did not want the rat to be my memory of my engagement! He ended up keeping the ring in his various pants/jacket pockets with him for about the next 5 days and finally proposed overlooking the same river in a different location (which we just happened to stop by).

Whatever you decide-congratulations and let us know after you get back.

Excellent idea. You never know when something might ruin your perfect moment, or when a perfect moment may appear unplanned.

Have you discussed the possibility of spending your lives together? If so the idea of having someone take your picture at the exact time will be great. If not maybe you should kind of hint that you want a permanent relation before you take a chance of it blowing up in your face and being stuck with a cruise that may have turned sour. Hopefully this won't happen . I hope it turns out to be the highlight of your life as well as hers . ( so far til the wedding and all that follows) good luck. I like the sunset idea but do not care for the rose petals myself. Maybe you can sing to her!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Archived