Sailboats for snorkeling-who to go with

misand

Hello,

I had never thought of going on a sailboat for an excursion but have seen some that are not much more than a catamaran excursion through the ship. The ships excursions are only for 1/2 day and almost the same price. I would like a longer tour. :pI would love to see St. John and some other areas for snorkeling, beach going etc. Who do you recommend or warn me from. I already emailed Captain Kathleen and she is full.

Thanks,

Misand

You might try pulling up various trips, comparing them and seeing which one(s) fit what you are looking for. Some are 6 packs, they take a max of 6 passengers. And there are also boats that can take 10-18 passengers and some for larger groups or several smaller groups together. There are sail boats and also motor boats, cats. Try http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=St.+Thomas+Activities+%2B+day+charters&aq=f&oq=&aqi=.

--Islander

We just returned from our second trip on the Rumbaba with Captain Bobby and absolutely loved it again. I would highly recommend them. You can find them here: http://www.rumbabacharters.com/

Do you remember how much it was pp? We have two children 11 and 6. Would you recommend them? How did you reach where they sailed from? Any pictures?

Thanks,

Misand

It was not inexpensive. We paid $125 pp but it was truly worth it. We did this same trip in '08 with my kids who were 10, 12 and 14 at the time and they loved it too. I don't have any pictures posted yet but I do have lots. I'll try and post some this weekend.

We are also going with Island Girl the 1st of December. There are only 2 of us -but it turns out that a group of 4 from our same ship booked the excursion also - so they will pick all of us up at whatever dock we end up at. We definately liked the idea of not having to take a cab ride and liked the idea of only 6 of us on the excursion. It is going to be our most expensive one but we usually treat ourselves to 1 expensive tour and do cheaper ones at the other ports

Archived