embarkation in Fort Lauderdale

crazycruiselady

I'm booked on the Nov. 20 Poesia cruise. I just received my cruise documents and they say embarkation time is 4:00. Does anyone know if we're allowed to board the ship earlier. All the other cruises I've been on began boarding at 11:00 or 12:00 even if they leave port late at night. Usually we fly in the morning of the cruise but to be on the safe side this time we're flying in the night before. Any suggestions what to do until we get on the ship. Our hotel checkout time is 11:00 so if we can't get on the ship we'll have a lot of time to kill.

ONLY A WEEK TO GO!

I'm booked on the Nov. 20 Poesia cruise. I just received my cruise documents and they say embarkation time is 4:00. Does anyone know if we're allowed to board the ship earlier. All the other cruises I've been on began boarding at 11:00 or 12:00 even if they leave port late at night. Usually we fly in the morning of the cruise but to be on the safe side this time we're flying in the night before. Any suggestions what to do until we get on the ship. Our hotel checkout time is 11:00 so if we can't get on the ship we'll have a lot of time to kill.

ONLY A WEEK TO GO!

We are on the Poesia Dec 10 cruise. I just called MSC 1-800-666-9333 and they said embarkation time is 4 PM. It doesn't sound right to me but that is what they said. Have a good cruise.

Evelyn

We also went on the Orchestra last year and we boarded at 12 or so. They actually let the past cruisers in as soon as the boat is "cleared" from the last group and then open the doors for general admission. The instructions that we had were that the boat started embarkation at 2. Hope this is helpful. Enjoy your cruise!

We are on the Poesia Dec 10 cruise. I just called MSC 1-800-666-9333 and they said embarkation time is 4 PM. It doesn't sound right to me but that is what they said. Have a good cruise.

Evelyn

We called MSC and were told at 1PM they will start boarding not before.

we are looking for cruisers on this cruise to take tours in Cartagena and Puerto Limon. See previous notes

Christine:rolleyes:

Christine: If you want info on Costa Rica I have some good stuff that I booked for the cruise we are doing on Dec 11 on JOS. We are doing MSC Poesia on Nov 30 then following it with another cruise. The second cruise is going to Costa Rica and I would be more than happy to tell you what I found and who I booked if you email me. I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about it here.

For Cartagena: I would really stick with excursions from the ship. I found them to be very similar in price. I think a larger group in that port is a positive.

Archived