Once onboard is is poss to upgrade to ventura balcony?

Eveshamgirl

Going on the Ventura 1.1.10 and have booked an inside (I KNOW!) Have tried to change today to a balcony but asking far too much money £500 each - even though balconys are now being advertised at £1300! Has anyone upgrade whilst onboard and is it any cheaper?

The best time to ask for any upgrade that you're happy to pay for is about 2-3 weeks before sailing. Get your TA to ring for you - you might be very pleasantly surprised.

We've done this on the last few of our cruises - we don't want free upgrades as we'd rather choose where we are on the ship, but we're happy to pay for one if it's a good deal in a nice position.

Good luck.

Louise

Thank you both for that good advice - i agree Louise l don't want it for free but want a sensible deal. l'll try my TA again 2 weeks before. Has any one else rung P & O direct and been sucessful?

If you've book through a TA, P&O won't quote you a price direct, they will only quote your agent.

There really are some good deals to be had if you're cruise isn't full though, so fingers crossed for you.

Good luck.

Louise

We booked our cruise a week before she sailed and upgraded to a balcony a few days later! We were so glad we did, it was fantastic and made such a difference to our cruising experience. I will always cherish taking a nap on sea days and seeing the sea glide past as a gentle warm breeze filled our cabin.............ahh bliss!

John

I couldn't agree more. we had a aft balcony on Ventura last OCT. utterly fantastic. spent ages sat reading and wake watching. totally peaceful.

Bob

Quite agree, I said this "elsewhere'' & was accused of being anti -social!! We had Sunrise in the morning & Sunset at night when the ship was in the right place. Sailed into & out of Venice like that AND despite what some think we could see everything. We were near enough to the self serve to just pop up there for a takeaway!! We have booked an aft cabin on Azura for next Xmas too.

On every cruise we have been on there has bee a notice saying there are no upgrades available.

Perhaps this has happened in the past, but we have never come across it.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived