Can I use cash for my sign and sail account?

FlipFlopFanatic

You can use a couple of scenarios to pay. Use your debit card when you check in at the pier and then settle with cash on the last night of the cruise.

Or, like klfrodo said, you can use cash up front as your "down payment" when you check in. It just depends on how long your cruise is that will determine how much you have to put down.

Personally, I always use my debit card. It's not a credit card, so I know how much going in that I can spend. I just would not like to have to worry about carrying the cash to put as a down payment.

I do, however, carry about $50-$100 cash in small bills for tips (for pier porters, extras for cabin stewards, maitre 'd, taxi rides, airport porters, etc.)

We are anti credit cards....just wondering if I can settle my account with cash? Or will I be required to use my debit card?

You can. You have to go to the purser's desk the last night of the cruise, but even then some late charges might sneak through.

I just use a credit card and make sure I pay it off as soon as the bill comes so I don't pay any interest.

If you use your debit card Carnival will put a hold for your deposit amount on your account so make sure you have enough cash to cover the hold in your account so you are not maxed out.

Happy Cruising.

You have to at least use cash to open your account to allow on board charging privliges. Depending on the lenth of the cruise and the ages of the people on the account,,,approx $200 - $300 per person deposit to open.

We use cash all the time for our sail and sign card. You do not have to have a certain amount to open the account. The amount they have on the website is just a suggested guideline. We usually put a few hundred the first day and then just add to it whenever we need more.

Another option is to purchase OBC in advance.

From another thread:

Up to 14 days before your cruise you can call 800-906-7603 and tell them you would like to purchase OBC for your upcoming cruise.

You can add the money via credit card or debit card.

You'll need your booking number and sailing date.

Ask for an email confirming your purchase and make sure they understand you want ON BOARD CREDIT not Fun Ship Dollars...

yes you can use cash, me and my wife put 200 in on the 1st day, we already prepaid our excursions and didnt prepay gratuities either....we put in maybe 60 extra bucks on the last night, and whatever cash you dont use...they put a check underneath your door for the balance they owe you...cash makes everything simple...heh

We, like you hate CC's. We just returned on Thursday from the Inspiration and I used cash for our S&S acct.

You do not need to give them a debit or credit card at Embarkation. I was able to use my card (without adding any cash to my acct or them having a card on file) I decided the lines were gone late on the first night and I went to the pursers desk and put down $400 cash. I had some left at cruise end and I had a check under my door the morning of Debarkation. I took it to the pursers desk and they even cashed it for me.

My accounts were always messed up everytime I used a CC or Debit so I just decided cash is the best option for us and it went off without a hitch this time.

We are anti credit cards....just wondering if I can settle my account with cash? Or will I be required to use my debit card?

You sure can.....and it's easy.

I don't use credit cards either except for emergencies.....

One important thing: Don't use your debit card........anywhere except in the onboard ATM machines.

When you checkin and they ask for a credit card, just let them know you are setting up a cash account...no problem.

When you board, go to guest services to set up the account.

I usually start with a 300.00 deposit on a 7-day... Not to worry, if your account runs low, guest services will let you know - usually via a note in your cabin or a phone message. You'd then just put more cash into the account.

Freedom is having no credit card bills or balances......:D

I have a question. We've used credit cards in the past for S&S but this time we would like to use cash. What do you do for the fun pass registration? It asks for a CC# for the S&S card.....

When you fill out the Fun Pass it has the option of "cash".... Also, even if you put a credit card as the option, it doesn't even ask for the entire number... you can make the decision when you get there.

Another option is to purchase OBC in advance.

From another thread:

Up to 14 days before your cruise you can call 800-906-7603 and tell them you would like to purchase OBC for your upcoming cruise.

You can add the money via credit card or debit card.

You'll need your booking number and sailing date.

Ask for an email confirming your purchase and make sure they understand you want ON BOARD CREDIT not Fun Ship Dollars...

How do they do the Debit Card over the phone?

How do they do the Debit Card over the phone?

You can also do a direct wire transfer from your bank account.....they will want your banks routing number and account number; both found at the bottom of each check.

They will remove the authorized amount from your account electronically. I make all my cruise deposits by this method.

Archived