Can I put $ in OBC account for others in advance?

longduo

We are taking our sons and their families on a cruise. We have paid for it as well as their airfares. We also want to pay for their tips.

Is it possible for us to put money into their on board accounts in advance that would cover their tips using our credit card? We will want them to register their own credit cards for their own cabins to pay for their drinks, spa, etc.

I know this can be done on other cruiselines, but we have never sailed Carnival before.

more importantly - are you looking to adopt a daughter?!?

I love to cruise and can offer you a lovely instant grand-daughter also....my husband loves me and I am sure he wouldn't mind!

Wow, very generous of you to pay for everything.

more importantly - are you looking to adopt a daughter?!?

I love to cruise and can offer you a lovely instant grand-daughter also....my husband loves me and I am sure he wouldn't mind!

Wow, very generous of you to pay for everything.

I was wondering the same thing.

We are taking our sons and their families on a cruise. We have paid for it as well as their airfares. We also want to pay for their tips.

Is it possible for us to put money into their on board accounts in advance that would cover their tips using our credit card? We will want them to register their own credit cards for their own cabins to pay for their drinks, spa, etc.

I know this can be done on other cruiselines, but we have never sailed Carnival before.

You can do as we always do and buy Fun Ship Dollars in the amount of the tips. You will need their booking #'s. In place of the address, I always type in my booking # (it would be theirs) and on the next line (address #2) I type name of ship and OBC. Pay with credit card. You will receive a confirmation in a couple of days that this has been added as an OBC and they will see it in their paperwork when they print their documents after final payment. We did this when we took our children and grandchildren on their first cruise, however I gave them a little more then tip money as OBC since this was their Christmas gift.

As long as you have their booking information you should be able to purchase Funship Dollars and have them applied as on board credit. You can do that online at Carnival's website. I just did it for our cruise and it worked beautifully. I got on the ship with $700 of onboard credit! You may also be able to do it over the phone with the Bon Voyage dept.

I believe you need the last name, birth date, and booking number. Where it asks for the mailing address you type on the first line, To Be applied as on board credit, and use the second address line to put booking number. It worked great for us.

Thanks for the many offers to join our family! I'm sure that you would all be wonderful daughters, however.......as retired teachers, we are taking all the family we can right now! We are fortunate to have 2 sons who married wonderful women (so I would finally have another female in the family!) and now have 2 granddaughters ages 5 and 10. Everyone is soooooo excited about cruising together. Only 1 of our sons has ever sailed before (with us on Semester at Sea) Our 5 yr. old granddaughter told someone that "Gramma and Papa have been on a million cruises!" ........ quite an exaggeration tho' we do love to cruise and look forward to sharing that with our family.

Thanks also to those who explained how to add $$$$ to our kid's onboard accounts. These boards sure do come in handy!

This was posted by Host Mach on another board - you can definitely purchase OBC in advance as long as you have the required info!

Up to 14 days before your cruise you can call 800-906-7603 and tell them you would like to purchase OBC for your upcoming cruise.

You can add the money via credit card or debit card.

You'll need your booking number and sailing date.

Ask for an email confirming your purchase and make sure they understand you want ON BOARD CREDIT not Fun Ship Dollars...

Longduo - I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. You are doing more than buying a trip for everyone, you are creating lifelong memories for your children and grand-children.

All the best,

Archived