Micracle - What is the swim pool like for toddlers still in diapers?

computerkitten

Use of the pools:

Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, Carnival does not allow children in diapers, in swimming diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools. Lifeguards are not on duty. The pools are not designed for diving. Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited.

I saw one on the Valor with a few babies playing in it. I know what you're talking about...not the normal public pool, but the tiny one near the front of the ship. It's like one of those 10 dollar plastic pools if that helps you visualize it (but much sturdier)...it's not deep enough for any kind of floatie. It's big enough to splash around in...but the kids using it were having fun.

I think it was on Deck 10...people could easily miss it.

I saw one on the Valor with a few babies playing in it. I know what you're talking about...not the normal public pool, but the tiny one near the front of the ship. It's like one of those 10 dollar plastic pools if that helps you visualize it (but much sturdier)...it's not deep enough for any kind of floatie. It's big enough to splash around in...but the kids using it were having fun.

I think it was on Deck 10...people could easily miss it.

Even the kiddie pool is under the same rules - they must be toilet trained

We will be traveling on the Miracle. Our girls just turned 2 and are in diapers still. What is the baby pool like and any advise about whether we should bring a pool floatie for them or not?

Thanks,

CK

I would suggest you bring an inexpensive small blow up pool. Children can use it for play time and bath time....since a lot of little ones do not like showers.

I thought there was possibly a designated "baby pool" for those that are in diapers on the Miracle. No???

CK

Nope. A child not potty trained is not permitted in any water venue on any ship. It's a health hazard and is prohibited by the CDC.....

Children in diapers or "swimmies" will be removed from the pool.......

When this occurs, the pool has to be cleared, emptied and thoroughly cleaned before re-opening. This shuts the pool down for a day at least....

Ok I thought there was a separate pool for babies in diapers. Guess we will bring a blow up pool.

Thanks!

CK

I dont know where you could use one, unless you booked a balcony. How would you get water into it ... assuming you could find a place on the deck where people are crammed to set it?

I do get using one in the shower, but not on the decks if thats what you had in mind.

14j9dt5.gif

Aboard the Carnival Legend (a Spirit class ship) they DID have a kiddie pool area that was fenced off... the kiddie pool was about the size of an inflatable pool... with a few deck chairs surrounding it...

I remember seeing it and thinking... Gee... glad my kids are outta diapers now, sheesh!

14j9dt5.gif

Aboard the Carnival Legend (a Spirit class ship) they DID have a kiddie pool area that was fenced off... the kiddie pool was about the size of an inflatable pool... with a few deck chairs surrounding it...

They do, but you can't enter unless you're potty trained. Your kids too.

Try Di$ney. I believe they have a nice shallow pool for toddlers in swimmies. You might want to check out their Board. Good luck!

Yes, but it's not a pool. One of Mickeys ears has water running through it that is not recycled, like a shallow fountain.

Yes, but it's not a pool. One of Mickeys ears has water running through it that is not recycled, like a shallow fountain.

But are the toddler/swimmie diapered crowd allowed in it? I thought they were. Thanks for your reply...I've never cruised Disney.

If kids wore cloth diapers they would be. Today's diapers are designed to keep kids dry. No wet feeling, no discomfort, limited diaper rash.

I agree. My kids wore cloth diapers (disposables were not easily available, and were very expensive!) All but one were trained by age two, and I didn't even do anything. They let me know by pulling them off, leaving them in place, and heading for the potty. Aaaah....the good old days of Desitin, crinkly plastic pants and diaper pins stuck in a bar of soap!

I think bringing your own very small blow up pool would be a good idea. DH and I bought one for our young grandaughter this summer and it didn't take many buckets of water to fill it. Surely you could find something to fill it with. Little ones need to get cooled off too.

Archived