Carnival Miracle - is there a baby pool for those in diapers?

computerkitten

Is there a baby pool for those still in diapers? I understand they can't go in the main pools. And if there isn't a pool, I guess we'll bring a blow up pool. I assume they can run through the sprinkler splash areas?

Thanks,

CK

Babies in diapers or swimups are not allowed in any pools on Carnival ships. I don't know about the sprinklers.

Sprinkler areas normally share filtration systems with the pools so if I had to make a guess I'd think a pool ban is also a sprinkler ban. Having said that, I haven't sailed Carnival so I can't tell you with 100% certainty.

No sprinklers on the Miracle. Those are only on the oldest (those that have undergone refurbs and have the Waterworks areas) and newest ships (Dream for sure...maybe the Splendor and the Freedom, too, but not sure on those).

There is a splash pool up on deck 10 (the sign on the Lido deck is misleading...it seems to point to the adults only pool on the aft, but it's actually pointing up to deck 10). It's a small area...maybe a few inches of water in a very small pool.

Technically, babies in diapers/Swimmers aren't allowed in ANY pool. I'm not quite sure what the point of having a wading pool onboard is when they state that diapers of any kind aren't allowed in any pool onboard, but it's there. We saw pool security removing them left and right on our last Miracle cruise (first time I've ever seen it enforced...they were really on top of everyone...both babies in pools and kids in the adults-only pool). That's not to say they'll be that strict on your cruise (or any more lax, either), so it's probably best if you bring the blow-up pool. You can try the kiddie pool and if there's no problem with security, that's great and if security boots you, you'll have the blow up as a back up :)

Anyways, this is a pic of the wading pool. To get there, you need to walk to the aft pool (the adults-only pool) and take the steps up to deck 10, and it's a few steps towards the funnel. Hope this helps!

DSC_0413.jpg

No sprinklers on the Miracle. Those are only on the oldest (those that have undergone refurbs and have the Waterworks areas) and newest ships (Dream for sure...maybe the Splendor and the Freedom, too, but not sure on those).

There is a splash pool up on deck 10 (the sign on the Lido deck is misleading...it seems to point to the adults only pool on the aft, but it's actually pointing up to deck 10). It's a small area...maybe a few inches of water in a very small pool.

Technically, babies in diapers/Swimmers aren't allowed in ANY pool.

Why? I thought as long as there was a seperate filtration system it was fine.

I'm not quite sure what the point of having a wading pool onboard is when they state that diapers of any kind aren't allowed in any pool onboard, but it's there.

Your right that doesn't make sense to have a pool that is obviously designed for young children if they can't use it??

We saw pool security removing them left and right on our last Miracle cruise (first time I've ever seen it enforced...they were really on top of everyone...both babies in pools and kids in the adults-only pool).

Were they kicking babies out of the wading pool? Was it fresh water? I was under the impression that if it was fresh clorinated water (rather than salt water) it was ok.

That's not to say they'll be that strict on your cruise (or any more lax, either), so it's probably best if you bring the blow-up pool. You can try the kiddie pool and if there's no problem with security, that's great and if security boots you, you'll have the blow up as a back up :)

I agree, I would bring the wading pool just to be safe. It will probably come in handy.

Anyways, this is a pic of the wading pool. To get there, you need to walk to the aft pool (the adults-only pool) and take the steps up to deck 10, and it's a few steps towards the funnel. Hope this helps!

DSC_0413.jpg

Was there a sign by this pool saying no swim diapers or un TT kids?

I'm not a parent, so I'm SURE I don't understand this. But why would you allow a baby..or for that matter, an adult with continence problems...swim in any sort of public pool? It's bad enough that kids (and adults) think it's OK to pee in a pool. But a non-potty-trained child? In a PUBLIC pool? With a chance to contaminate himself and everyone else with fecal matter??? And require that the crew spend time every day draining, sterilizing and cleaning out the pool because your child wants to play ...and poop...in the water??

If your kid must play in the water, bring your own blow-up pool. Or stay away from the pool deck altogether so she won't realize there is a place to "play in the water". Yes, I know it's an inconvenience for you who want to spend time lying around the pool. But would YOU swim in the water when your non-potty-trained child was in there??

I'm not a parent, so I'm SURE I don't understand this. But why would you allow a baby..or for that matter, an adult with continence problems...swim in any sort of public pool? It's bad enough that kids (and adults) think it's OK to pee in a pool. But a non-potty-trained child? In a PUBLIC pool? With a chance to contaminate himself and everyone else with fecal matter??? And require that the crew spend time every day draining, sterilizing and cleaning out the pool because your child wants to play ...and poop...in the water??

If your kid must play in the water, bring your own blow-up pool. Or stay away from the pool deck altogether so she won't realize there is a place to "play in the water". Yes, I know it's an inconvenience for you who want to spend time lying around the pool. But would YOU swim in the water when your non-potty-trained child was in there??

I hear you. I have a 2 year old who has been on seven cruises and has never put a toe in the water on the ship. We do that on port days. He is a swimmer and letting him swim on a cruise would be an easy way to pass the time at sea. Even if it wasn't the rule, I would not want him in a confined area with other children's poop. We will be taking him on his 8th cruise next month and might consider letting him swim since he is potty trained now, but I bet he would hate the salt water anyway.

I hear you. I have a 2 year old who has been on seven cruises and has never put a toe in the water on the ship. We do that on port days. He is a swimmer and letting him swim on a cruise would be an easy way to pass the time at sea. Even if it wasn't the rule, I would not want him in a confined area with other children's poop. We will be taking him on his 8th cruise next month and might consider letting him swim since he is potty trained now, but I bet he would hate the salt water anyway.

Well, MY 2-year old has only been on 3 cruises, but earned his PADI certification in our inflatable duck pool/tub on our last cruise. He has a mini mouthpiece, mini goggles, mini fins, and mini swimmies. We're still using the toilet target and M&Ms.

Give me a break! We were not saying that unTT kids should use the pool, we were discussing wether or not there is a seperate water play area (either splash pad or pool) for these children to use that has sufficient filtration/chlorination.

We have gotten a little rediculous when it comes to avoiding germs. Believe it or not bodies need to be exposed to some germs in order to build up a healthy immunity.

Most parents know their babies body schedules pretty well and would avoid putting them in the pool if they thought they might have a BM. Also most babies bottoms are cleaner than most other peoples since parents use moist wipes on them when they change them. Urine really doesn't carry much bacteria and isn't much of a threat (not to mention we know babies are not the only ones who pee in pools and that doesn't stop us from swimming in them!)

I personally would be perfectly comfortable with allowing my baby or toddler to spash around in a chlorinated wading pool with 3 or 4 other kids (which is about all that would fit in such a small pool) if indeed there is an area available. Since we ARE NOT talking about putting them in the main pool and you don't have kids it shouldn't concern you!

I noted that kids...and adults...pee in the pool. I'm well aware that urine "doesn't carry much bacteria". In fact, there are indeed people that go on cruise ships that don't swim in the pool because they know that people - -adults and children -- pee in them. And I'm certainly old enough..likely older than you...to know all about "germs" and "building up a healthy immunity". There are a lot more pleasant ways to encounter "germs" than allowing a kid to play in a pool..even a wading pool..where other kids may have defecated.

I still think it is a very strange notion to allow an un-potty-trained kid into even a kiddie pool. Do parents always know when their kid is going to have a BM? I don't think so. I don't think KIDS always know they're going to have a BM. If they did, the kid would be potty-trained!

I am a member of cruise critic and as such, have every right to post here. And to express my opinion. Which I did.

There must be a lot of strange parents out there then because there are plenty of swim programs out there for babies and toddlers. I took both my kids to a swim program at a public pool starting when they were 6 months old and there was a waiting list for the program so I certainly wasn't alone. Babies like water!

In a class of at least 15 babies, never once while I attended did one of the babies have a BM in the pool. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it does on occasion but not nearly as frequently as most would think. Most babies tend to be fairly predictable, eating and consequently eliminating around the same time each day.

I would hedge to guess that if tested there would be just as much if not more fecal matter in any given adult pool (from not wiping well enough after a BM) as there is in a 'baby pool".

I didn't say you don't have the right to post your opinion, what I said is that the matter shouldn't concern you since it doesn't affect you what so ever if the cruise line has a baby pool and I let my baby play in it.

I'm curious, what would you consider a pleasant way to encounter germs? Eating dirt? 5 second rule with the soother? I think most babies would think splashing around in a pool is a very pleasant way to spend some time "encountering some germs".

There must be a lot of strange parents out there then because there are plenty of swim programs out there for babies and toddlers. I took both my kids to a swim program at a public pool starting when they were 6 months old and there was a waiting list for the program so I certainly wasn't alone. Babies like water!

In a class of at least 15 babies, never once while I attended did one of the babies have a BM in the pool. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it does on occasion but not nearly as frequently as most would think. Most babies tend to be fairly predictable, eating and consequently eliminating around the same time each day.

I would hedge to guess that if tested there would be just as much if not more fecal matter in any given adult pool (from not wiping well enough after a BM) as there is in a 'baby pool".

I didn't say you don't have the right to post your opinion, what I said is that the matter shouldn't concern you since it doesn't affect you what so ever if the cruise line has a baby pool and I let my baby play in it.

I'm curious, what would you consider a pleasant way to encounter germs? Eating dirt? 5 second rule with the soother? I think most babies would think splashing around in a pool is a very pleasant way to spend some time "encountering some germs".

Yep! Lots of great swim programs for infants and toddlers ON LAND! Just not on cruise ships, which, as we know, are fairly mobile. Ask your local land pool that offers these lessons about their sanitation process. Then, ask the cruise line about their sanitation process, and whether or not any UT baby or toddler can use their pools.

For Carnival, no, the sign by those little kiddie pools do say No kids in diapers.

I have a close up of the one from Triumph....you can see the sign and then you can see the child in the diaper IN the pool...lol. The person didn't read the sign. And Carnival didn't police it.

044.jpg

043.jpg

For Carnival, no, the sign by those little kiddie pools do say No kids in diapers.

I have a close up of the one from Triumph....you can see the sign and then you can see the child in the diaper IN the pool...lol. The person didn't read the sign. And Carnival didn't police it.

044.jpg

043.jpg

What about RCI? Where's the child in the diaper? Which one? TIA.

What about RCI? Where's the child in the diaper? Which one? TIA.

Sorry OP for going off topic, since this isn't a RCCL thread. But to answer this question for this 3rd time for imsulin.

Here is the sign for the RCCL Baby Splash Zone (below) on the Freedom class ships. You need to *READ* it. Where is the confusion?

And are you asking which child is wearing a diaper in the above picture? It was the child in the blue. Splashing up front on the left hand side. His sister is on the left. He was splashing with my kids (on the right). He was wearing a diaper. Sorry I didn't zoom in fora close up. Kind of personal, don't ya think?

124.jpg

Sorry OP for going off topic, since this isn't a RCCL thread. But to answer this question for this 3rd time for imsulin.

Here is the sign for the RCCL Baby Splash Zone (below) on the Freedom class ships. You need to *READ* it. Where is the confusion?

And are you asking which child is wearing a diaper in the above picture? It was the child in the blue. Splashing up front on the left hand side. His sister is on the left. He was splashing with my kids (on the right). He was wearing a diaper. Sorry I didn't zoom in fora close up. Kind of personal, don't ya think?

124.jpg

So, the kid in blue is wearing a diaper? Is that you in the red top and black shorts? If this kid was wearing a diaper, why were your kids still in the pool?

So, the kid in blue is wearing a diaper? Is that you in the red top and black shorts? If this kid was wearing a diaper, why were your kids still in the pool?

No, that's NOT ME in the red shorts and black shirt. That woman would have been the mother to the boy she is holding a cup for. Observant, aren't I?

I was the one taking the picture. My kids were in the main pool and I dragged them into it to take a picture of the kiddie pool when I noticed that the kid in blue was wearing a diaper. So as soon as the picture was taken, we quickly retreated back into the main pool. Not happy about sharing a pool with kids wearing diapers. But that's Carnival.

But thank you for your concern for my childrens' safety. I can handle it from here.

Why is everyone so judgemental on this site? If the previous poster did let her kids swim with the diapered kid that would be her decision and I'm sure there are much worse things a kid could do.

Why is everyone so judgemental on this site? If the previous poster did let her kids swim with the diapered kid that would be her decision and I'm sure there are much worse things a kid could do.

I'm sure you've not heard of the many kids who've gotten very sick, and some who have died, after swimming in contaminated swimming pools and water parks. I was on a Celebrity cruise when a child had an accident in the pool and they had to close it for two days for cleaning and decontamination.

I'm sure you've not heard of the many kids who've gotten very sick, and some who have died, after swimming in contaminated swimming pools and water parks. I was on a Celebrity cruise when a child had an accident in the pool and they had to close it for two days for cleaning and decontamination.

No, I've never heard of this. I would love to see a link to info concerning these incedents.

No, I've never heard of this. I would love to see a link to info concerning these incedents.

You've never heard of Cryptosporidium? Google it. Plenty of links for you to inform yourself with there.

But the PP is correct- there are instances of deaths from swimming in contaminated pools (and those are CHLORINATED...these are not). I want to say the most famous one was in Georgia, but I'm not 100%.

Cryptosporidium can be a nasty infection at it's mildest and can be fatal in immunocompromised people and children, which is probably why these pool rules are in effect. Swim diapers may hold in solids, but since water filter through them, bacteria are swept into the water (which renders them useless).

Yes, there was. It was also printed in the Capers nightly that diapered children were not allowed in any of the onboard pools or whirlpools.

Archived