Sea Sickness remedies - kwells vs ginger tablets or both

Coco64

Hi, I am about to go on my first cruise. Whilst it is going to be extremely short sampler cruise on the Dawn Princess from Sydney to Melbourne leaving tomorrow, 16 Nov. I don't want to spend the two days being sick. Whilst I don't usually get seasick, people keep telling me how sick they got on their cruise.

I have bought chewable kwells and ginger tablets and thought I would combine these.

Does anyone have any imput to help me. This is stressing me out.

:confused:

First of all, congrats on your first cruise! I used a ginger product called "ginger chews" that is available in the US and it helped. I personally find that prevention is key with sea sickness. Spend time getting fresh air, eat light meals, and keep taking the ginger even if you don't feel nauseous. Also, a tin of Altoids works wonders in settling an upset tummy. Have fun and enjoy!

Even sprinkling ginger on/in your food may help. If you don't get motion sickness on land (cars, rides, etc...) you probably won't have a problem in normal seas. Even long-time, hardy sailors get sea-sickness if it's very, very rough.

An OTC medication will help better than ginger, should that occur.

Hi, I am about to go on my first cruise. Whilst it is going to be extremely short sampler cruise on the Dawn Princess from Sydney to Melbourne leaving tomorrow, 16 Nov. I don't want to spend the two days being sick. Whilst I don't usually get seasick, people keep telling me how sick they got on their cruise.

I have bought chewable kwells and ginger tablets and thought I would combine these.

Does anyone have any imput to help me. This is stressing me out.

:confused:

Lots of cruises (34) under my belt and I, too, suffer from motion sickness.

When needed for slight motion (that I think may bother me), I wear Sea Bands. Not sure if it's purely psychological but they seem to work.

For rough seas, I opt for over-the-counter Meclizine. Only down-side is the drowsiness.

Funny thing is...ginger is a root. Ginger Root pills (powder form) or ginger tablets or my favorite, candied ginger. They saved me during morning sickness. I plan on using ginger with bonine as a back up and I will bring the accupressure bracelets too.

I don't get motion sickness easily, if you do, you might want to ask a doctor for a prescription (patches).

Archived