Is this Acceptable or Not?

kyriecat

Is the following acceptable or petty?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Is the following acceptable or petty?

• acceptable
    • petty
    • I don't know

There is a big difference between asking, "Do you mind if I put my luggage in here until I return" and just assuming and walking in, steward in tow... She was going off the ship to buy clothes to continue her trip, was in her late 20's and although apperances can be deceiving appeard rather "rough around the edges"

We did chat briefly and enough for us to not be happy with the situation. This being said, our travel partners were in our room too, to allow the steward to finish up in theirs....we were accomidating, because of a medical issue we were not sitting a public area for an hour.

bottom line, steward and she were wrong. Ususally if you doubt the correctness of a situation, there is NO doubt and I never would have done this.

We had a person knock on our door at 8 AM with our steward. When we opened it a young woman stood there with her luggage, pushed in explainning she was in this cabin on a back to back and needed to store her luggage while she left the ship to purchase a few things...our mouths hung open. she shoved it into our closet and they left with out another word...our mouths are still open.

Sorry, I was not too nice, when she left I in turn shoved it into the shower stall out of our way and......NO, I didn't turn on the shower, but left a note to her...inside one zipped pouch so the steward would not remove it. our room had been prepared while we ate breakfast so I doubt the steward returned to remove the shower luggage. I still feel good about my little victory and will not happen again. We have never ever seen anything like this.

I would write a short letter to Seattle. Again, as part of the letter I would personally add that I felt there was a security issue because you didn't want to be contacted if this passenger later said something was missing. Also, they do promote themselves as the line that lets you stay in your stateroom until debarkation.

I'm real curious as to what was said in that letter? Are you going to tell us?

Note contents:

This was several HAL cruises ago and as I recall all that was said in the note was something about how inappropriate we found her behavior....I just wanted her to think about it, not ruin her cruise.

She obviously was not well schooled in manners, suggested by the way she assumed we would not mind her intrusion and her sweeping entrance with bags and steward. it will not happen again to us as we generally wait in the cabin....

Initially:

We had a person knock on our door at 8 AM with our steward. When we opened it a young woman stood there with her luggage, pushed in explainning she was in this cabin on a back to back and needed to store her luggage while she left the ship to purchase a few things...our mouths hung open. she shoved it into our closet and they left with out another word...our mouths are still open.

QUOTE]

But later:

We did chat briefly and enough for us to not be happy with the situation.

See, these seem inconsistent to me, which makes me wonder if other people may have looked at the scenerio and interpreted it differently than you.

In any case, it is water under the bridge. But, I had to go on record to say that this wouldn't bother me in the least.

I have to say I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about letting someone leave their bags but they'd have to ask nicely. HOWEVER I do agree about the security implications, especially any possible problems if items went "missing" from her bags and she decided it was a good opportunity to sue someone. It happens :mad:

Initially:

QUOTE]

But later:

See, these seem inconsistent to me, which makes me wonder if other people may have looked at the scenerio and interpreted it differently than you.

In any case, it is water under the bridge. But, I had to go on record to say that this wouldn't bother me in the least.

water under the bridge and all that stuff. Hey, life happens.:)

simon-garfunkel-793-l.jpg

if I keep reading threads like these, and cigar threads too, I am going to start a fire in my backyard for all the neighbors to see and burn my unmentionables out there for all the world to see. Wouldn't that be fun? Naha. Beeeeehhhave, yeah, got it. I forgot what thread this is already but they are all the same, am I right?:)

I would rather be able to watch a movie, do some last minute arranging with carry ons or take that last shower before the big flight home than sit in a waiting area.

We know how exhausting it is for staff during these days, so as long as we are prepared mentally that we are going home and that staff have a job to do we are fine with it all.

HAL maybe could benefit by altering their letter to let folks know jobs must go on. We were at first thrilled to get the letter saying we could stay on our first HAL cruise but noticed the vibe changes on turn around days and after the first shock we got over it. Our steward showed up and completely cleaned the room for the next guests.

So yes maybe it is a little more honest, to put people in a waiting area but I sure like the convienence. Our flights home are long, I need all the breaks I can get.

Archived