Pacific Pearl - Weird Cabins on Leisure Deck

Yulara336

I was looking at a NZ Cruise in March 2011 when I saw a good deal for the next category down from Suite (I assume Mini Suite?) It looks like there are only TWO of these kind on the ship and they are both on Deck 12 (Leisure) L119 and L121

I wonderi if its worthwhile booking? Its only $1000 more than our last cruise for the three of us. However it doesnt look like it has a balcony (although the room plan says so!) and I would have second thoughts about being so close to the busiest part of the ship (Buffet)

Or else should we pay another $2000 on top for a Suite? All the extras do sound lovely :) :)

Out of interest I just took a look. Agreed they are in a weird position!

I dont like that they are next to the public toilets and a bar, and right below what is probably the running track :eek:

The description doesnt mention a balcony, so the picture may just be a generic mini suite. My guess is they are a family size ocean view, as they can accommodate a 3rd & 4th person, but bigger than the usual 4 berth.

Hope you can find the answer :)

Ocean village two has a great blog, its full of info, I hope that P&O have read the way they inform all passengers, and well there site is laid out, its way better then the P&O site that is in use at the moment.

Not just only bought there two ships.

P.S aacording to the P&O site deck 12 rooms L119 and L121

minisuite.jpgView Diagram

Mini-Suite

Ocean village call these rooms outside suite with a shower

Based on the Ocean Village info, the lack of a balcony is the main distinction from the other suits although it is still in the suite category. Unlike all the other cabins, it does come with a bath and is a larger size, so I'd suggest location, cost and balcony are the main things to decide on.

Pacific Pearl (AKA OV1) has only one deck of balcony cabins on deck 11. The Suites with Balcony(AA) and then outside with Balcony (BB)

The two mini-suites (which are currently known as AB grade) are on one side just behind the bridge. The running track cuts around behind the dome but there is open deck above them outside the Bayside nightclub/Gym.

I'd imagine they would be very noisy, as often when I'd leave the Nightclub and go down one flight of stairs to deck 12 you could still hear the music, yet by another flight down to deck 11 you couldn't.

I said this the other day(I hope that P&O have read the way they inform all passengers, and well there site is laid out, its way better then the P&O site that is in use at the moment.)

Well it turns out when i was looking at the P&O site tonight, They are going to have a new web site soon.

There is no dates of when.

Archived