Booking your next cruise while on board current cruise

I have never bought a cruise directly from RCCL - prices have always been better from online travel agents.

What is the advantage of buying on board v buying on the web?

Is there a price guarantee and/or other incentives?

(We're already plotting our next escape and we haven't even been on our next cruise yet - it's a disease :D)

I have never bought a cruise directly from RCCL - prices have always been better from online travel agents.

What is the advantage of buying on board v buying on the web?

Is there a price guarantee and/or other incentives?

(We're already plotting our next escape and we haven't even been on our next cruise yet - it's a disease :D)

The only benefit is getting an OBC (on board credit) for that next cruise. The amount depends on the length of the booked cruise.

I just booked a RCCL and another Celebrity cruise while onboard the Equinox and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cruise prices were even lower beyond the onboard credit than what I could find online when I got home so they do offer some fare deals in addition to the OBC.

I would just price out what you are looking for before you leave as a frame of reference.

There used to be an advantage but not since they took away the ability to combine discounts. If I want to use my balcony discount which is $200 I don't book on board for a $100 OBC which would be a net loss of $100. Same goes for my stock credit which is less then my balcony discount.

Archived