Menus for Poesia?

terryde

Just returned from a 5 night caribbean and while I can't say for the 7 night, our food selection was limited. One hot soup, 2 desserts, 3 entrees & 3 appetizers. and then the old stand bys - steak, chicken & salmon. Food is hit and miss. Buffet food was actually better. Room service selection is very limited. Evening dining room hours are 5:30 or 8:00 but most of the shows were one only at 7:45 pm. Buffet hours vary. Hope this helps a little.

• 4 weeks later...
Looking for menus for 7 night for Poesia.

Wouldn't that be great if someone could actually scan ad post current menus from MSC's caribbean sailings?

There has been so much discussion regarding the food, the information would be free of opinion.

When do you chose your seating time for meals? At Check-in, or can you chose that with on-line check-in?

You normally indicate your preference for 1st or 2nd and table size when you make your reservation. Your TA should have asked you and specified on the booking. i can't remember if there is an option to do that in the online check in or not, as mine has always been stated long before then.

You can see the Maitre D' onboard and ask to awap if you don't like what you've been allocated, however that will depend on whether or not he can actually accomodate the change or not. Often on the US sailings first sitting is oversubscribed, so not everyone who wants it can get it. If your preference is for first, I'd recommend making your preference known asap. If you prefer late then it probably matters less as you are far more likely to be able to switch to that one onboard

I actually thought menus were great, each night other than the gala nights, featured a different region of Italy. There was a page with map, description and food prevelant in that area. The menu than had some food based on that area, there was also another side of the menu called "Stars and Stripes" menu for the more "conservative palate". So there were appetizers, soups, salads, a pasta entree and 3 other entrees on the Italian side each night, as well as appetizers, salad, soup, entree, desserts on the Stars.. side. plus the standard, always available salmon, chicken....Just to mention, one night on the Kids menu they had Gnocchi Alfredo, I had an order of that as a second or third appetizer. Our assistant Maitre D', Alfonso, was more than helpful and entertained our kids nightly. I think they need more staff in dining room, but the food was much better than people give it credit for.

Joe

I actually thought menus were great, each night other than the gala nights, featured a different region of Italy. There was a page with map, description and food prevelant in that area. The menu than had some food based on that area, there was also another side of the menu called "Stars and Stripes" menu for the more "conservative palate". So there were appetizers, soups, salads, a pasta entree and 3 other entrees on the Italian side each night, as well as appetizers, salad, soup, entree, desserts on the Stars.. side. plus the standard, always available salmon, chicken....Just to mention, one night on the Kids menu they had Gnocchi Alfredo, I had an order of that as a second or third appetizer. Our assistant Maitre D', Alfonso, was more than helpful and entertained our kids nightly. I think they need more staff in dining room, but the food was much better than people give it credit for.

Joe

The menus have been changed to this format, so that one has an option to both sides of the menu, in any combination. My table mate, a real fussy eater, would not eat Risotto, which I recommended to her. She ended up ordering a baked potato with every main course she ordered. Never left hungry.

It has been well received, because of all the additional fare it makes available.

The food was excellent with American and Italian regional entrees each night. Plus.... appetizers, salads, pasta or risotto, cheeses and desserts. If you cannot find something interesting from these courses and 7 entrees there is something wrong. Too many whiners!!!!!

The menus have been changed to this format, so that one has an option to both sides of the menu, in any combination. My table mate, a real fussy eater, would not eat Risotto, which I recommended to her. She ended up ordering a baked potato with every main course she ordered. Never left hungry.

It has been well received, because of all the additional fare it makes available.

I cannot believe this!! The Risotto is to die for. Often that was most of my meal. They are great.

Order all of the Italian appetizers. They were unique and mouth watering. Nothing like American- Italian pasta. More like crepes for the lasagna and other dishes. SIMPLY put, we loved each meal on our Nov 30- Dec 10 cruise. Our table was delighted with SUPERIOR service and sharing wonderful selections and then ordering more for the table. The wait staff was fantastic.

The cruise was wonderful. I am pining now and having separation anxiety from MSC cruising!

Archived