Sheraton Cable Beach Day Pass - cost for kids?

luvmyboyz

I was at the Sheraton last September. The $25 Day pass gets you access to their facitity (beach, chairs, pools, towels & non motorized water toys). There are places to eat but that is at your own cost. The place was fantastic! Some of the pools have waterfalls. There is an artificial reef set up about 50 yards off the beach that you can snorkel at. Maximum depth was only about 5 feet, But still lot's of small fish. Great for beginners. When I was there, someone had told me that a boat stops by the beach every couple of hours and will offer a snorkeling trip for a reasonable price. You may want to ask around for aditional information on that. Hope that helps. I loved the place.

Thanks for the information.......how far is it from the pier and how much by taxi? Also, is it far from the Atlantis??

I believe it was about a 15 minute ride by taxi. Price was $5 per person or you can take the #10 jitney for $1.25 per person. My wife and I took a taxi to get there and the #10 jitney to return. It was our first time to the island so we were learning as it was unfolding. The information I read from "Scubagirl" was so helpful in planning my day. I could not have done it without her! Try searching some of her past posts. She has given a ton of information for us cruisers. She is an angel!

I believe it was about a 15 minute ride by taxi. Price was $5 per person or you can take the #10 jitney for $1.25 per person. My wife and I took a taxi to get there and the #10 jitney to return. It was our first time to the island so we were learning as it was unfolding. The information I read from "Scubagirl" was so helpful in planning my day. I could not have done it without her! Try searching some of her past posts. She has given a ton of information for us cruisers. She is an angel!

Thanks for the information.

Patty

I'm with you on this one. Just my opinion. We love Bermuda , picture perfect beaches and FREE. If our ship sailed in october out of NYC this year we'd be going back there before the bahamas.

Plenty of beaches all over the caribbean for free.

Well, you have your personal opinion and I have my personal opinion so let's respect each others opinions.

So are you saying that unless it's a private beach in Nassau, it's not a good or safe beach to be at??? That's really a shame!! This is our first trip to Nassau but if we have to worry about dirty beaches and fending off bums, it will probably be our last. Most hotels want people to come to their property so that they spend money on chair rental, food, drinks or buying something in their shops. Actually, I can name quite a few hotels that let us on their beaches for free. All we do is pay to rent a chair and/or umbrella. We usually also have lunch and/or a drink so that's how they make their money.

For instance, Palm Beach in Aruba is gorgeous and there's gorgeous hotels all along the beach. NO CHARGE to use the beach! We walk right thru the hotel lobby of Best Western in St. Thomas and use their beach. Again, we pay for chair and buy our lunch which is quite good. Also in Grand Cayman, 7mile beach is gorgeous and again by all the big hotels and no charge except for chair rental and you get a free drink with the chair rental.........LOL I can go on and on and name more islands if you like. One more that is great is in Cozumel. No charge for admission as long as you buy something to eat or drink during your stay and the prices were sooooo reasonable and food was delicious!!! So yes, personally, I think $50 just to sit on a beach is a lot of money especially for a family with a few children!

I'm with you on this one. Just my opinion. We love Bermuda , picture perfect beaches and FREE. If our ship sailed in october out of NYC this year we'd be going back there before the bahamas.

Plenty of beaches all over the caribbean for free.

LOL............Yeah, I still think it's a lot of money.......by the time you grab a taxi and pay for admission, it' gotta run around $70. We really don't need to use their snorkel equipment since we have our own and I don't cruise to use swimming pools, we like the ocean so them having a pool isn't a benefit for us.

We'll be in Bermuda for 2 days before going to the Bahamas. I can't wait to see Bermuda as that's one place we have not been.

Patty

Make sure when you're in Bermuda you go to horseshoe beach. OMG it's breathtakingly beautiful. If you'd like email me and i'll send you a few pix to hold you over. FREE beach too. They have a Van at the bottom of the hill for those leaving who can't make it back up ! IT's the best $2.00 you'll spend that day ! We did it once and walked the rest of the times.

for horseshoe whic

LOL............Yeah, I still think it's a lot of money.......by the time you grab a taxi and pay for admission, it' gotta run around $70. We really don't need to use their snorkel equipment since we have our own and I don't cruise to use swimming pools, we like the ocean so them having a pool isn't a benefit for us.

We'll be in Bermuda for 2 days before going to the Bahamas. I can't wait to see Bermuda as that's one place we have not been.

Patty

Be sure to have exact change as they don't give you change back !

Make sure when you're in Bermuda you go to horseshoe beach. OMG it's breathtakingly beautiful. If you'd like email me and i'll send you a few pix to hold you over. FREE beach too. They have a Van at the bottom of the hill for those leaving who can't make it back up ! IT's the best $2.00 you'll spend that day ! We did it once and walked the rest of the times.

for horseshoe whic

Oh, we are definitely planning on going to Horseshoe...........I heard so much about it.

• 8 months later...
Personally, i don't think $25 is high. You get a gorgeous, well kept beach that is raked several times a day and does not have glass, debris, wild dogs or vagrants. You have waters that are known not to have an undertow or sink holes, along with a life guard for your safety..

There's also pools, waterfalls, and swim up bars at your disposal as well as restrooms, towels, chairs, umbrellas and palapas. You also get use of the snorkeling gear and unmotorized sports.. for no additional fee.

Why would a resort want you to sit on their beach for free. They are in business.

If you want a stretch of public unkept beach... go to Junkanoo (lighthouse) beach and rent a chair and Umbrella ($20) and fend off the bums.

I don't think $25 is unreasonable either for a clean beach without being hassled by vendors. After reading hundreds of posts on what do to in Nassau, I think this (or Wyndham) will be our choice for our port-of-call in early February, 2011.

Should I assume that snorkeling would not be very good that close to the shore at the Sheraton or Wyndham (we have our own equipment).

Is it really OK with management to go back and forth between the Sheraton and Wyndham? I'm assuming they are both within walking distance.

If we did choose Wyndham ($40 pp I think you said), do they have a set time for the buffet or is it "whenever?"

I really, really appreciate the time you put into to helping people figure out how to maximize their time in Nassau. Having a local's perspective is invaluable!

I don't think $25 is unreasonable either for a clean beach without being hassled by vendors. After reading hundreds of posts on what do to in Nassau, I think this (or Wyndham) will be our choice for our port-of-call in early February, 2011.

Should I assume that snorkeling would not be very good that close to the shore at the Sheraton or Wyndham (we have our own equipment).

Is it really OK with management to go back and forth between the Sheraton and Wyndham? I'm assuming they are both within walking distance.

If we did choose Wyndham ($40 pp I think you said), do they have a set time for the buffet or is it "whenever?"

I really, really appreciate the time you put into to helping people figure out how to maximize their time in Nassau. Having a local's perspective is invaluable!

snorkeling off the sheraton is novice level.. But there are some rocks with enough sea life to be interesting.

As for the wyndham/ sheraton .. they are sister properties, with no overt sign as to where one ends and the other begins. So walking between them is really quite easy. There is some major construction in the coming year or two, so keep an eye open for when that may start. it's likely NOT to affect the beach/pools and beach for quite some time.. but who knows.

I believe the wyndham buffet is served from noon - 2pm. I wouldn't go too late, as then stop putting out fresh food before 2.

scubagirrl, thank you so much for all the info you give this forum!!!

I'm thinking of the Sheraton for our time in Nassau since I understand that they have kayaks included in the entry fee and my girlfriend has fallen in love with kayaking since I introduced her to watersports. (guess what she's getting for Christmas) ;)

But I do love snorkeling and will have my (first!) new mask, snorkel, and fins, so if there's a really good spot to snorkel I'd love to hear about it! I don't think I'm going to go out with a boat and guide, just keep it close to shore. But I'm not really sure yet and may very well not be until I step off the ship. :P

Hope we get a little warm spell down there this February! My other two cruises have been in the Caribbean in February and we had the best weather!

scubagirrl, thank you so much for all the info you give this forum!!!

I'm thinking of the Sheraton for our time in Nassau since I understand that they have kayaks included in the entry fee and my girlfriend has fallen in love with kayaking since I introduced her to watersports. (guess what she's getting for Christmas) ;)

But I do love snorkeling and will have my (first!) new mask, snorkel, and fins, so if there's a really good spot to snorkel I'd love to hear about it! I don't think I'm going to go out with a boat and guide, just keep it close to shore. But I'm not really sure yet and may very well not be until I step off the ship. :P

Hope we get a little warm spell down there this February! My other two cruises have been in the Caribbean in February and we had the best weather!

Unfortunately, snorkeling from the beach in the nassau/ paradise Island area is dismal to say the least. The reefs have been depleted from overuse, construction and motor boats, so there really isn't any significant reefs near the beaches. A boat ride to a private island or reef is needed.

• 2 months later...

Any new info for this thread? Going in June w/ family (2 adults, kids 11 and 12 yrs). Some places, I've read that $40 for Wynham includes a buffet lunch, while other things I've read leads me to believe the $40 price includes a $30 food voucher that can be used on 'any' type of drink or food.

Updates?

Any new info for this thread? Going in June w/ family (2 adults, kids 11 and 12 yrs). Some places, I've read that $40 for Wynham includes a buffet lunch, while other things I've read leads me to believe the $40 price includes a $30 food voucher that can be used on 'any' type of drink or food.

Updates?

The $30 voucher is at the British Colonial Hilton, not the Wyndham.

Wyndham is $40 and included a buffet lunch at the Seaside cafe (indoor)

Hilton is $55 pp and includes a $30 voucher for use at the Patio Grill.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've read a pro to Hilton is that it's w/in walking distance of cruise ships.... but it's not on wide open ocean... so very calm waters. What would your choice be - Hilton, Wyndham, or Sheraton. I also read recently (but could have been out of date info) that Wyndham does have cheaper price for kids. ??

Archived