Retin –A

jones391

You should have no trouble bringing it back. Just make sure of what you are actually buying. The counterfeit market is alive and well in Mexico.

Hi Jones 391:)

Totally agree with Traveler 353!!!! The counterfeit drug industry is GROWING Rapidly!! Be aware that what you buy in Mexico or anywhere else, may contain NO ACTIVE INGREDIENTS!!! Only NICE Packaging!! If you buy it, just pack it in your luggage, No Problem!

Good Luck

BOB:confused:

It is actually equally as common to find fake RX drugs here in Mexico as it is in the U.S....I buy mine at WalMart which uses all of the exact same drug labs as the US and Canada. My cousin is a pharmacist in the U.S. and many of the drug labs they purchase the drugs from come from the same labs other countries purchase their drugs from, including Mexico and many of these labs are outside of the U.S.

Anyway, Retin-A or Renactyl which is like Renova is under $15.00 US here and no need to declare it.

I am diabetic and use a host of meds, all of which come from Sam's. Costco and WalMArt and they are all 100% legit.

You should have no trouble bringing it back. Just make sure of what you are actually buying. The counterfeit market is alive and well in Mexico.

I would have to say that I have heard that the Counterfiet drug market is growing in Mexico and one day might almost be as bad as the USA or Canada...Bzy gives good advice about where to buy.

I bring back two tubes of Renactyl to Canada at least twice a year and never had a problem. It isn't smuggled in but packed in with my other checked luggage.

I've bought a couple of different brands of "Mexican Renova." I have to say that I prefer Retacnyl by Galderma.

http://www.galderma.com.mx/retacnyl.php

If you're traveling to Puerto Vallarta, I'd just "hop over" to Wal*Mart when you get off the ship. ;)

If you haven't used Renova before, (I've gotten some from my dermatologist) you do want to start off slowly. Try the 0.025 first and then work up to the 0.05 strength. You apply it in the evening after washing your face. It's important to wait at least 30 minutes so cut down on irritation. Then you use a "pea sized" drop for your entire face. You also might want to begin with every other evening at first if you experience a lot of irritation.

OK, here is the place where I insert the disclaimer that I'm not a doctor, etc... :cool:

Good luck! :)

I've brought Renova back from Mexico for years with no problems--from just over the boarder though, not on a cruise.

Hundreds of thousands of US prescription drugs are available for vastly cheaper prices in Mexico--there's a whole industry of pharmacies catering to the snowbird crowd in border towns.

It must be working somewhat; I'm 64 and whenever I go places with my grandchildren, people assume I'm their mom. With the four-year-old I just tell people it was a miracle birth!

Archived