Newbie to Norwegian. Questions about Gem.

C&F

Hello,

We will be sailing out of NYC on December 26th doing the Bahamas-Florida. We have been on Princess for almost 10 years and I am very familiar with their bar/liquor policies and prices. I have a few questions about prices and availability on the Gem.

On Princess, I would pre-order beer packages to my room. 6 for the price of 5 or something like that. Does Norwegian offer something similiar(pre-order)? If not, can I order it through room service? Also, do they offer buckets or beer packages at the bars?

Are the liters of booze priced at 60-80 bucks on the ship? Finally, what are the general prices of beer onboard and what kinds do they offer?

Thanks for any help. I'm looking forward to trying a new line and new experiences.

Freddie

You can't pre-order beer, but yes, you can buy buckets of beer which are 6 beers for the price of 5. A bucket of imports or 16 oz domestic beer is around $28 per bucket. $25 for 12 oz domestic beer.

Brands include Budweiser, Miller, Heineken, Red Stripe, Corona, Boddingtons, Sam Smith, Newcastle, etc.

I don't know about buying liters of alcohol on board. I've heard it is tremendously expensive. However you can order liters ahead of time. It's called a bar setup. If you do a search on that you'll find menus/prices posted and instructions on how to do that (or maybe someone will chime in with that info).

You can't pre-order beer, but yes, you can buy buckets of beer which are 6 beers for the price of 5. A bucket of imports or 16 oz domestic beer is around $28 per bucket. $25 for 12 oz domestic beer.

Brands include Budweiser, Miller, Heineken, Red Stripe, Corona, Boddingtons, Sam Smith, Newcastle, etc.

I don't know about buying liters of alcohol on board. I've heard it is tremendously expensive. However you can order liters ahead of time. It's called a bar setup. If you do a search on that you'll find menus/prices posted and instructions on how to do that (or maybe someone will chime in with that info).

Thanks for the info. Yea, the bar set up seems quite expensive. I'll go with the beers and drinks from the bar, lol. As for those beer packages, can you order them from room service or can you only get them from the bar.

Also, I saw on a sample menu something about bar sevice hours. Can you just order drinks to your room? I'd imagine it's quicker to run and get them, but it is a cool idea.

Thanks again,

Freddie

Thanks for the info. Yea, the bar set up seems quite expensive. I'll go with the beers and drinks from the bar, lol. As for those beer packages, can you order them from room service or can you only get them from the bar.

Also, I saw on a sample menu something about bar sevice hours. Can you just order drinks to your room? I'd imagine it's quicker to run and get them, but it is a cool idea.

Thanks again,

Freddie

Yes, you can order drinks through room service.

You can't buy liquor onboard except duty free which is then held for you until the last night.

Archived