**If I ran Carnival Cruise Lines, I would...**

BC Todd

LOVE LOVE LOVE the FOOD TV idea.:D With options of small grouped lessons from them ( would pay extra like an excursion).

I would make the stop at Half Moon Cay a 2 day affair. If you have a cabana booked you have the option of camping overnight on the island. Heck I would even pay for 4 days on nothing but that island.:eek:

A Food TV Cruise with a 2 day affair at Half Moon Cay! Perfect vacation!

For the safety and comfort of all passenegers I would:

Implement and enforce a curfew for children & teens.

Raise the age that children can check themselves out of Camp Carnival.

Have parents and children sign a Code of Conduct Contract.

This is just the beginning of sweeping reforms I promise to make if I am elected......oops, sorry, got carried away :p

I like this! and fixing the website. was ready to book a cruise today but couldnt get past the information page!! ugh

Whooo hooo...started this thread last night and all ready have over 1,000 views....

Carnival has a gold mine of ideas here. Let's hope they are watching and let's keep this going...so, here is another...

I would have the draw for a free cruise at the past guest's reception like it once was and not a draw on the final evening of cruise. This is what was done on Conquest last month and I assume it is this way on all ships. I also found it odd that additional tickets were sold to this free cruise draw. I mean come on...throw past guests a bone...(LOL):D

I thought the raffle was free- until I found out at the last night at dinner that they charge you to enter the raffle for the FREE cruise........So in reality Carnival isn't GIVING anything away but letting all your fellow raffle purchasers pay for it........I didn't want to pay $20 (or something ridiculous like that) for those tickets with nothing to show other than stubs.

Whooo hooo...started this thread last night and all ready have over 1,000 views....

Carnival has a gold mine of ideas here. Let's hope they are watching and let's keep this going...so, here is another...

I would have the draw for a free cruise at the past guest's reception like it once was and not a draw on the final evening of cruise. This is what was done on Conquest last month and I assume it is this way on all ships. I also found it odd that additional tickets were sold to this free cruise draw. I mean come on...throw past guests a bone...(LOL):D

I thought the raffle was free- until I found out at the last night at dinner that they charge you to enter the raffle for the FREE cruise........So in reality Carnival isn't GIVING anything away but letting all your fellow raffle purchasers pay for it........I didn't want to pay $20 (or something ridiculous like that) for those tickets with nothing to show other than stubs.

Lots of good ideas here.

I would expand itineraries, particularly in Europe.

I would find a different designer...give Farcus a rest.

I would also add at least hamburger and fries to the Room Service menu. And brownies. :)

Mostly, if I ran Carnival Cruise Lines I'd be cruising a lot more than I am able to, now.

Lots of good ideas here.

I would also add at least hamburger and fries to the Room Service menu. And brownies. :)

Mostly, if I ran Carnival Cruise Lines I'd be cruising a lot more than I am able to, now.

1. Replace Progresso with Key West or Calica (Playa de Carmen) on itineraries originating from Galveston/New Orleans/Mobile. Surely it would save money for the ships to make the short hop across from Cozumel to Calica, rather than going all the way up to Progresso. It would seem that they could sell more excursions in Calica than in Progresso also. Key West would be my preference though.

2. Replace Freeport with Half Moon Cay on the Conquest's Eastern itinerary.

3. Add Cuba to some inieraries when the country is open to Americans.

4. Implement a better photo system.

5. Drop the drinking age to 18 in international waters, or provide more activities for people 18 - 21.

6. Revise the "Legends" show - How is Ricky Martin a legend??? He only had two hits and those were years ago!

1. Replace Progresso with Key West or Calica (Playa de Carmen) on itineraries originating from Galveston/New Orleans/Mobile. Surely it would save money for the ships to make the short hop across from Cozumel to Calica, rather than going all the way up to Progresso. It would seem that they could sell more excursions in Calica than in Progresso also. Key West would be my preference though.

2. Replace Freeport with Half Moon Cay on the Conquest's Eastern itinerary.

3. Add Cuba to some inieraries when the country is open to Americans.

4. Implement a better photo system.

5. Drop the drinking age to 18 in international waters, or provide more activities for people 18 - 21.

6. Revise the "Legends" show - How is Ricky Martin a legend??? He only had two hits and those were years ago!

Lots of good ideas here.

What kind of brownies????:eek:

Lots of good ideas here.

What kind of brownies????:eek:

I would try a completely new design for new ships. Apart from size, all Carnival ships have had the same basic design for years! It's time to try new things. I'm not talkng about the decor(some might not like it but I think it sets the line apart from the rest) but the actual layout of the ships. Bring in the 21st cetury!

I would try a completely new design for new ships. Apart from size, all Carnival ships have had the same basic design for years! It's time to try new things. I'm not talkng about the decor(some might not like it but I think it sets the line apart from the rest) but the actual layout of the ships. Bring in the 21st cetury!

Appease both the smokers and the non-smokers:

Make one side of the ship non-smoking only and the other side of the ship smoking optional. Then people have the option of getting a smoke-free room and/or balcony or having a room where they can smoke in the room. It isn't that hard to implement and I think would decrease the complaints from both sides.

Increase the price of the alcoholic drinks and decrease the price of the soda package. Right now, the soda package prices itself out of a lot of passengers. You can increase the number of takers by decreasing the price slightly (say $5 per day?). You can increase the price of the alcoholic drinks slightly to ensure that you still make a profit without actually decreasing the consumption that much and this would still work for the bottom line.

Enforce the chair hog rule. Once per hour, have an attendant sweep the pool deck and remove any towels left on unoccupied chairs.

Archived