**If I ran Carnival Cruise Lines, I would...**

BC Todd

have a covered pool in addition to an outdoor pool.

The Spirit, Destiny, Triumph, Conquest, and Splendor class ships all have an outdoor pool and a covered pool. The covering will go over the pool area when the weather gets bad.

The Fantasy and Dream class ships do not have a covered pool. Unless for the Dream you count the pool in the spa.

If I ran CCL I would have seminars (and vidoes on the big screens) for the ports that has nothing to do with shopping or tours, but with the history, people and culture of the ports...

That's a great idea. The ship telling us something of the history & culture of a port of call.

That would appeal to the travelers as opposed to the tourist.

I've visited a number of places only to leave dissappointed that I missed something.

If I ran CCL I would have one dinning room and one sitting for BLACK TIE dinners to ensure all were in the same attire.

another great idea !!

Have one floor of one dining room at least that was enforced formal. I would love that.

Others who prefer to dress casual can still enjoy the main dining rooms.

Everybody would be happy.

....end the dancing on the tables in the dining room. It's not entertainment. It's humiliating to passengers and staff. Save the shows for, well, the shows.

I do enjoy the singing & dancing waiters. I'm always joining in when appropriate.

Trained singing waiters are great....forcing non singers to dance on the tables is a mockery.

They also take some crew member, teach them a few "magic" tricks, and have them do the same lame tricks to every table every evening. The "magician" knew it wasn't entertaining, the passengers knew it wasn't entertaining. Save the entertainment for professional entertainers.

I would:

- Have staff officers dine with passengers on regular basis (HAL does this).

- Have service staff "name cards" inside staterooms and/or on menu covers.

They all say their names so quickly, or move so fast I can never see/recall.

- Have staff-passenger Q & A's, love to hear about their countries, cultures, etc.

- Have bar/lounge service staff introduce themselves as they take our orders.

I like to have a personal association with these people. Earn that 15%.

- Have language "classes" with staff officers - so we can better understand them, and we might learn a bit of other languages.

- Have the CD and staffers do more 1-on-1 with passengers, and LOTS LESS canned announcements.

- Have the "Noon Bridge Update" less canned, and more personal. And encourage Captains to listen to themselves (on tape) - as they are typically incomprehendable (volume/static/dialect).

Enjoyed all the great ideas a few of mine:

I would like for the deck band to stick with calypso music- it is much more relaxing!

No smoking indoors-

PPV movies in room so we can have a few "adult" movies to choose from:D

Flavored coffee creamers

All-Inclusive Alcohol Card on a per person basis not based on a large group-this being said I know that alcohol revenue is one way that cruise prices are affordable so I know this is the issue for not issuing the card per person but it doesn't hurt to want!

Snack items at the bars-bowls of nuts,popcorn,chex mix or items you could order and pay like wings!

Year round cruising from more Northerly home Ports, like New York for example. Many more Canadians would cruise Carnival if the expence of flying was avoided. Not too mention the large pop. of the Eastern US. And make the cruises longer 8, 9, 10 days to be able to have better itineraries. The yr round out of Baltimore is not the best , hard to guarantee any warm weather at all.

:)

I would have actual military discounts. Typical the military discount (if one is avaliable) is more expensive than the early saver.

I'm a vet and used my military discount on my upcoming Legend cruise but found out later that the early saver was being offered for a little less. I asked my Carnival TA and he said that the deposits for military was refundable but the other types were not. I had to rebook in early 2009 because I lost my job and I got 100% back including the $500 deposit.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is still going on? Fab...Let's hope I don't repeat myself.

An October Canada/NE cruise from another East Coast port, like Philly or Boston. I'd say Baltimore, but that would probably require a day or two added. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the price would skyrocket.

Start the Canada/NE season in May, for Pete's sake. It ain't that cold. For that matter, run the 5 day itineraries through October (maybe alternate the 4, 5 and 7 day itineraries and have a couple more embarkation ports). For that matter, I'd run cruises up to mid-November. Guaranteed you'll feel like you're on a ship then:)

A 9 or 10 day cruise in October from NY similar to the NCL Jewel cruise, including Charlottetown and Quebec City. Carnival's teased us with this cruise for the past couple of years, and had never been able to pull it off...because they're trying to sell it in fnarking summertime. Put it in the fall where it belongs, and it'd sell.

Oh, and an overnight in Halifax would be nice.

Archived