Why Carnival is removing the painted logo from their ships

mosaic_mom

I know there was a thread asking this question before, but I could not find it, so sorry about that.

I asked John Heald why they were removing the logos from the ships and this was his reply:

We have indeed removed the logo from most of the ships and will complete the work by the end of the year. This is because the widget thingy is no longer our logo…………it’s now the smoke stack…………the most famous smoke stack in the industry. I would be grateful if you could add this to the thread thingy on Cruise Critic.

I know there was a thread asking this question before, but I could not find it, so sorry about that.

I asked John Heald why they were removing the logos from the ships and this was his reply:

We have indeed removed the logo from most of the ships and will complete the work by the end of the year. This is because the widget thingy is no longer our logo…………it’s now the smoke stack…………the most famous smoke stack in the industry. I would be grateful if you could add this to the thread thingy on Cruise Critic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1081455&highlight=painted+logo

...even though its still on their sail and sign card... Hmmm, guess they forgot to remove that one.

I'm sure it will be replaced as soon as their current stock has been depleted. Why throw out all the old stock if the cards still work? That would be wasteful, wouldn't it?

We have indeed removed the logo from most of the ships and will complete the work by the end of the year. This is because the widget thingy is no longer our logo…………it’s now the smoke stack…………the most famous smoke stack in the industry.

Great info! For those who are curious I was able to find the new and the old official logos.

New Logo

CCL_Funnel_4CC_S_tag.jpg

Old logo (from wikimedia)

Logo_carnivalcruises.png

Archived