Final payment due but unsure about cruise: help please

jocelysue

We have booked a cruise going to Hawaii & then the South Pacific (Ms Rotterdam, March 8, 33 day Circle Hawaii & South Pacific cruise including Polynesia, Bora Bora, etc.)Our final deposit is today.

While this looks like a beautiful cruise neither my husband or I are snorkelers, nor are we beach people. We love cruises where we can visit people and places. For example, we loved our South American cruise from Valparaiso to Rio, our transatlantic cruise from Rio to Athens, out transPacific cruise from Beijing to Vancouver. The cruises we enjoyed the least were our Alaska & Caribbean cruises where ,although the nature was spectacular, we found the habits, customs & food, rather too much like what we have at home.

So before making a final commitment, thought I would write to this board where I hope for an objective viewpoint. Is the scenery itself worth it or should we put our money on a cruise, say, to the Holy Land? BTW, we do love sea days so that's not the problem. It's the ports we're wondering about.:confused:

Help asap, please. We would appreciate it.

If you are not beach people or scenery people, why did you book this cruise? You must have had something that attracted you to it at booking.

We have been to the Hawaiin islands several times on land vacations and there are things to do other than water sports. Haven't been to Bora Bora but our friends returned from there and basically talked of scenery and the beauty.

Book something else if you have doubts now.I wouldn't spend the money on something you have doubts about. There are so many fantastic European cruises covering every area imaginable, especially on the more luxury small ships. You can always do the cruise another time...the Hawaiian Islands aren't going anywhere;)

I lived in Hawaii for 8 years, and I also had a vacation in tahiti. I hardly ever even wore a swim suit, let alone went snorkling. The sceneray in the Pacific is phenomanal.

Seeing the way people live on a remote Atoll is wonderful. I took a cruise once from Honolulu once and we stopped at Fanning Island. It was incredible seeing how the locals lived there, with no electricity (outside of the police station.) It's probably built up a litlle since then, but it will still be lovely

Going to Tahiti was like going to France (if it was warm and humid :-) )

I took a ferry over to Morea, but nerver made it to bora Bora.

Everything is subjective, but I would go on your cruise in a heart beat!

Aloha,

John

We've been to French Polynesia twice and to Hawaii three times. Yes, the scenery is worth it...so gorgeous compared to the Caribbean, you will love it. Snorkeling and beaches aren't on our list either, and I am sure that you will find many things to do surrounded by the stunning scenery. Or just relax and take it all in.

On Bora Bora (we overnighted there on our cruises) we booked an off road jeep adventure that took us on roads with unbelievable views and WWII history. The next day we circled the island on a waverunner which was spectacular! On gorgeous Moorea we rented cars with some fellow passengers and explored the island, stopping at Belvedere for an unforgettable view and then enjoyed happy hour at water's edge at a hotel. Your cruise sounds like a dream cruise and personally I would go in a heartbeat! Don't forget to stargaze- the sky was incredible and better than a planetarium!

Archived