Lazy/Buffet/Bathrobes

southbayer

Well on every cruise, and this past one seems to be no different - Why A FEW people always seem to wear their bathrobes in the buffet ?

After some thought, I have to conclude that those FEW Peeps are Lazy. I mean, if your that laid back or lazy, stay in your stateroom and order room service. No one wants to see you in your bathrobe with god knows what your wearing under that going through the buffet line. In a time when being sanitary is more important than ever, but nobody (crew) says anything.

did they come from the room in the robe or are they using the robe as a cover up. i would rather see a bath robe, than too see some people in a bathing suit :eek:

and i like the omletes from the omlete station, made to order, not from room service. :D

I really don't see a problem with it.

But then I don't care if someone doesn't "dress up" for formal night either. ;)

I wouldn't have the self confidence to do it myself, but I just don't see anything wrong in someone (especially at breakfast, or if they have a swimsuit on and are using the robe as their coverup) going through the buffet line in their robe. They are clothed. Why should I care? It's just not important to me so I don't worry about it.

Now for a chorus of, "It's MY vacation, and I'll do what I want!!!!" While I wouldn't make any comments about it..to their face..I do think that people could make some effort to dress before going to eat. Even if it is shorts and a grungy Tee. I don't see any particular sanitary issues, though !?!

I would rather see the fat guy in the buffet line wearing a bath robe than in his swimsuit with no shirt... :)

Exactly. And how is a bath robe less sanitary than a swimsuit and tee shirt????

But, you'll never catch me walking around the ship in a robe.

I didn't see that on my cruise aboard the Legend a few weeks ago... that would've been a sight to see.

But better a guy in a bathrobe than a dude in some Speedos.

amen to that :eek::eek:. sometimes passengers throw on their robe over their swimsuits too go into the lido and eat.

Why is it that some people think "enjoying their vacation" means leaving any semblance of class at home?

Would you get in your car and go to a restaurant in your bathrobe??? :eek:

I mean, think about it - would you go to the 7-11 in your bathrobe? The gas station? The grocery store? Denny's? I seriously doubt it. So why is it "no holds barred" just because you are on a ship?

And I have been in a lot of hotels and have never seen anyone come to breakfast (whether in the dining room or at a buffet) in their bathrobe.

I think sometimes people take the "it's my vacation" thing a bit too far.

I believe last time I went up on Miracle's rear fantail to catch a sunrise with my robe on. It was VERY early but I was awake. I had a cup of coffee in my hand from room service. I stood there quietly, very much alone with the exception of a nice lady who was also in her robe, for maybe five minutes. Walked one flight back downstairs to my cabin. Never woke my sleeping kids or wife. Felt a little like I had gone to get the paper in the morning. (I'll do that in my robe too.) Would NEVER personally go to buffet breakfast like that but would certainly understand some nice person grabbing a cup of Joe very early in the a.m. Hope I didn't offend.

I believe last time I went up on Miracle's rear fantail to catch a sunrise with my robe on. It was VERY early but I was awake. I had a cup of coffee in my hand from room service. I stood there quietly, very much alone with the exception of a nice lady who was also in her robe, for maybe five minutes. Walked one flight back downstairs to my cabin. Never woke my sleeping kids or wife. Felt a little like I had gone to get the paper in the morning. (I'll do that in my robe too.) Would NEVER personally go to buffet breakfast like that but would certainly understand some nice person grabbing a cup of Joe very early in the a.m. Hope I didn't offend.

That is something you almost expect to see really early in the a.m. and I know I would not be offended by that, but when people take it to the extreme and go to the buffet in the bathrobes and sit down and eat their breakfast as if they were in their nook at home IMO that's taking it a bit far.

I've gone up to get late night tea or coffee in my bathrobe many times. I can't say that I've ever gotten in line for breakfast before getting dressed, but it really doesn't offend me if someone else does. In the world of fashion faux pas that I've seen while traveling, that doesn't even register, LOL!

Would you get in your car and go to a restaurant in your bathrobe??? :eek:

I mean, think about it - would you go to the 7-11 in your bathrobe? The gas station? The grocery store? Denny's?

Might I suggest you stay out of my part of NJ. On the weekends, it's very common to catch people wandering around in their pajamas and robes while out getting their breakfast, papers, picking up mail, etc. :p

And just to scandalize everyone, I drove to the ATM in my pajama boxers and hockey jersey last night to pull out cash. :eek:

Anyway, a couple of things people need to remember .... 1. the whole bathrobe/smoking jacket thing is popular right now, thanks to Mr. Combs and his stupid Ciroc vodka ads (crap vodka, by the way) and 2. People are just more casual these days. I'm not personally offended by a bathrobe in the buffet line. I just hope they're wearing something underneath it.

Guilty as charged.....

I use my bathrobe over my swim suit just about ever morning as I head to the Spa to steam and sauna....

Personally, I would rather see someone in a robe at the buffet...then I would in their wet swimsuit.

(I also have on my Spa slippers ~ from the Splendor~ that I take on every cruise~~)

I still just don't get this argument. I couldn't care less what someone has on. Yes, I've seen people in their bathrobes on the Lido (are they cold?, is it a coverup? and in the main show lounge (though I think that was due to the chill in the air). I even saw a couple of women in the MDR for breakfast in their nylon moomoo's, slippers and rollers in their hair. Would I dress that way? NO, but that's their morning routine so who cares.

I've also seen my fellow CC friends in togas and just plain pj's at various venue's at our impromptu pj parties for our roll call.

Heck once I even saw Host Mach in a leopard teddy and jetskier (Dave) in something even scantier........congrats Dave.....:p

To each their own.......appreciate the diversity

Archived