No interest in Oasis - am I alone on this???

tm5to1

Hi Isabella, missed you and Victor on this year's Jewel repo.

I am sure many people agree with you and many of those reasons are why we prefer to sail on a Radiance class ship rather than her bigger sisters. However, most of the objections that have been raised were voiced years ago when the Sovereign of the Seas was introduced and again when each newer and larger class of ship was built. If ships like Oasis expand the number of people who want to cruise and if that increased business makes it possible for the line to make a profit and continue to sail a variety of ships that will appeal to various segments of the market, count me in favor. We will get our chance to sail on her for what will probably be far too short a period of time in less than two weeks and will withhold our final judgment on whether or not the ship appeals to us, until then. Bigger isn't necessarily better, but more important than size, IMHO, is how they make use of the extra space. So far we have felt far less crowded on even the biggest RCI ships, than we have on smaller ships on several other lines. :)

I agree. I actually felt more crowded on the Jewel than I did the Freedom. The Jewel is the most beautiful ship that I have cruised but I did not like the layout.

I think that it's great that we have so many choices out there when it comes to cruising. For the ones that have no interest in Oasis, there are smaller ships available. I don't know of any ship currently in service for any cruise line that has a "one fits all" design. :)

I can't wait to get on her next year.She will have so much to do on that ship,i don't care if it's goes to the same port's.But you have your opinion's and this is mine.Not trying to be hateful,but i am looking forward to driving 5 1/2 hour's next year just to check her out and our loft suite that me and my DW got.She may be HUGE but i rather be on a larger newer ship than and old smaller ship.And the crowd's do not bother me a bit.:D

Am I alone in that I have no desire to cruise on this ship? I’m sure it is beautiful, but it’s just so different from the aspects that draw me to cruising. If I want a park setting (especially one resembling Central Park) I’ll go to New York. If I want my CABIN to look like a studio apartment, I’ll book a hotel room. I want a CRUISE SHIP with a CRUISE SHIP atmosphere...OUT AT SEA. I definitely don’t want to feel like I’m in the city...

Is there anyone else that feels this way? I'm sure I'm not in the majority (at least RCI hopes I'm not) but there has to be SOMEONE out there who shares my feelings...

No you are not alone.

We just got off of Freedom back in mid october and I thought that ship was too big.

I think I will stick with Voyager class or smaller. I would love to try a radiance class ship sometime. I wish they would build some more of those.

Bigger is not always better.

Never say never. I love RCCL and I have really enjoyed all the sizes up to the Oasis.

BUT, I do not plan on going on that class ship UNLESS:

It is doing an itinery that I want to try, we like new and different places.

We can get an OUTSIDE balcony as we cruise because we like the ocean.

The price is in line with other ships/cruise lines doing the itinery.

So I guess we will not try her in the near future, price and itinery will not be to our liking for a while yet.

I do hope that a lot of people DO want to go because RCCL needs the revenue to pay for it and they have already made so many cutbacks on Crown and Anchor and other areas onboard that I worry what cutbacks would be next.

OP-NO you are not alone!

I would mind to tour her for a few hour but she is tooooo big to sail on. She is not a cruiseship - she is a floating resort for 5000 people - way too crowded for me.......Agree with all previous posts - if I want a park - just go to the park - don't need one in the middle of the ocean. Balcony on the cruiseship is to enjoy the sea, sunset, moonlight, fresh sea air, not to see inside the ship thousands of people moving around, like ants. The whole long Promenade is combination of the shopping mall during Christmas sale and train station.......No, thanks

1. They are all floating resorts.

2. You think you can go to a resort/park and eat as much as you want whenever you want plus all the entertainment for even remotely the same price?

3. You are implying there are no outside balcony staterooms, you are incorrect.

I think that you are wrong about that. My understanding is that there are more elevators on Oasis than on the Freedom and Voyager class ships. You also seem to be implying that all 450 passengers would be using each elevator at the same time, so your figures might not withstand a serious examination. Lose weight on a cruise? - never happen.;)

I hope your right, but look at the deck plans and count for yourself.

I'm sure someday the price will be more reasonable, at least as reasonable as a cruise to nowhere should be. Now I love the days at sea but I usually book for the itinerary and this ship doesn't seem to have one. It will be interesting to see how people like it when the regular trips start.

1. They are all floating resorts.

2. You think you can go to a resort/park and eat as much as you want whenever you want plus all the entertainment for even remotely the same price?

3. You are implying there are no outside balcony staterooms, you are incorrect.

But you can do it on a smaller ship for much less and for many enjoy it more

:cj

I feel the same way. If I want to go to a theme park, I'll drive an hour to Orlando.

And you will spend a minimum of 3X a day what you would pay to go on the ship. Still be hungry, tired from standing in two hour lines and then collapse in your cheezy theme park hotel bed.

I was responding to the quote from the poster. Your response as usual has nothing to do with my direct exchange with another poster.

Oh an insult.How will I ever sleep.

p.s. as usual you are unable to respond intelligently so you resort to insults.Whatever

:cj

No, you're not alone. I'm not interested in it because it's too expensive. I wait for 2 - 3 years and then go on these new ones, because the price drops after that. I would like to go on the Oasis just out of curiosity; I don't have any particular thing against it except the price.

I have to wait. No its not that I am poor...etc etc. I just don't feel that it is worth the money they are asking. I can get a lot more from other ships and wait and see if they have a hard time feeling each trip. Remember folks.. You go once will you repeat , repeat , repeat? They have to have a market.

I have to wait. No its not that I am poor...etc etc. I just don't feel that it is worth the money they are asking. I can get a lot more from other ships and wait and see if they have a hard time feeling each trip. Remember folks.. You go once will you repeat , repeat , repeat? They have to have a market.

filling....should read before I send....not feeling.

I think I will skip the Oasis. Besides being way overpriced it seems too big for me. Imagine 6000 people getting off in one port. What a zoo. Also what it features is of no interest to me. I don't need a merry-go round, surf machine, zip line or any of that. Plus that ship seems designed to nickel and dime you to death. Just what I don't need in this economy. The Voyager class is way big enough for me.

I think I will skip the Oasis. Besides being way overpriced it seems too big for me. Imagine 6000 people getting off in one port. What a zoo. Also what it features is of no interest to me. I don't need a merry-go round, surf machine, zip line or any of that. Plus that ship seems designed to nickel and dime you to death. Just what I don't need in this economy. The Voyager class is way big enough for me.

Thank God God for NCL :cool:

Am I alone in that I have no desire to cruise on this ship? I’m sure it is beautiful, but it’s just so different from the aspects that draw me to cruising. If I want a park setting (especially one resembling Central Park) I’ll go to New York. If I want my CABIN to look like a studio apartment, I’ll book a hotel room. I want a CRUISE SHIP with a CRUISE SHIP atmosphere...OUT AT SEA. I definitely don’t want to feel like I’m in the city...

Is there anyone else that feels this way? I'm sure I'm not in the majority (at least RCI hopes I'm not) but there has to be SOMEONE out there who shares my feelings...

It's just too big with too many people. Can't imagine what it's like to embark and disembark.:eek:

Archived