Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure

WirelessRoute

We are scheduled to be in Grand Cayman next week and just wanted to get some opinions on the Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure with Island Marketing. Is this excursion worth doing? Also, if we do an 11am tour (last 2 hours), will we have time to check out 7 mile beach for a bit and check out the shopping near the cruise port? We are in port from 7am to 4pm. We're thinking about maybe doing some shopping before the tour and then hitting the beach after the tour. Any thoughts?

We're considering the exact same...we are going to be there mid-December...so I'm interested in what you find out. Island Marketing replied to me several months ago, and then again recently to follow up to see if I had made a decision...still not sure if my DGF wants to see the Rays; i have already seen them; main reason for this tour would be the Wave Runners. I am little concerned if this Co would ever try to pull a fast one and try to charge you extra...saying you damaged something on the wave-runner, or have to sign your life away in a rental agreement. I understand they have to protect themselves and their equipment.

I am little concerned if this Co would ever try to pull a fast one and try to charge you extra...saying you damaged something on the wave-runner, or have to sign your life away in a rental agreement. I understand they have to protect themselves and their equipment.

Cayman's not that type of island. In my experience, the exact opposite is usually true of Caymanian companies...people there are some of the nicest, most honest, friendliest, etc. that I've run into anywhere. You'll sometimes find companies a little too laid-back, especially in terms of time management (island time runs just a bit slower than regular time) and punctuality, but very honest and trustworthy... :)

My husband and I did this tour in May. We also had an 11:00 am tour time. We shopped around Grand Cayman after the tour so you should have plenty of time to do so as well. The wave runner and sting ray part of the tour was AMAZING. My husband just loved it. We did not however enjoy our tour guides. They were not very friendly at all and were very rush, rush, rush. You could tell that they were very ready to get on to the next tour group. On the website it mentions......

"The excursion departs form a beautiful Resort located on the North Sound of Grand Cayman found approximately 15 minutes from the Port of George Town (your tendering area). All reserved Guests have the option of relaxing at this wonderful Property before, as well as following the Tour. If you have family members (Children under 8yrs of age with a Guardian or elderly Parents) who would like to also join you at the Resort but will not be joining the Tour they may await for your return from the tour at the resort. The Resort has all amenities as well as facilities for your use, swimming pool, outdoor/indoor bar facilities, bathrooms and more!"

....but we were not allowed to stay at the resort after our tour. They were very much in a rush to get you back to the drop off point by the ship. We barely had time to go to the bathroom. The tour guide actually yelled at a couple of people for taking too long in the bathroom. Everyone had to leave the resort together as soon as we returned from the wave runners. A newlywed couple wanted to stay and take a dip in the pool and get lunch but they were not allowed. The tour guide was very, very rude about it....It just left a bad taste in my mouth.....

Our group of 10 is thinking of doing this excursion in February. with 10 of us, it would all but be a private party(one of the reasons we are choosing this one). One thing that worries me...would the water be very cold in February? I certainly don't want to be miserable while trying to feed the rays! Also, does anyone know what resort they drop you of at? I'd like to get some more infor on that...thanks!!!

Archived