Ruby Excursion - Paddle Wheeler for 2

BOShappytraveler

Hello Everyone!

I'll be taking my mom on a Ruby Princess cruise to the Caribbean, and I'm looking into the excursion options. The "Paddle Wheeler for 2" looks interesting. Has anyone done it? Is it worth the time? Does anyone have pictures?

I'm not much of a beach person so it's not everyday I come across a paddle wheeler. Is it one of those where we sit in a chair and just paddle (like riding on a bike?) My mom also doesn't know how to swim (I do, or at least I know how to float :p but I'm not strong enough of a swimmer to save anyone ), would that be a concern?

I searched a number of times and I keep getting images of a large "paddle wheeler" where groups of people can go on a boat for sightseeing. Does anyone have any experience with this excursion option?

On a more random note, is anyone concerned about sharks? (especially for those who are scuba-diving, etc) :confused::eek::p I know the risks are low, but I had to ask since I've never been to the Caribbean before...

Thanks in advance!

Those are fun for about 10 mins., then it's work. :cool: If she doesn't know how to swim, I would really be reluctant to take her on one of those. It's pretty calm at first, but once all those tenders start going back & forth to the ship, the waves from them start up. It's not bad, but something to be aware of if you want to do them.

A friend of ours really flipped out on one because her husband wanted to go out of the shallow cove area. She ended up falling off and stepped on a sea urchin. Three months and two surgeries later, she was still limping. :(

Nope, never been afraid of sharks. I could live in the ocean though :D and have little fear, but lots of respect, for the sea. I think most other people do not feel that way.

Archived