Dawn repo & Noro virus...

EileenN

May be the dosage of the shot is titrated to the severity of the symptoms. I know my husband was not knocked out by his shot.

If it was compazine, I know from personal experience that it is possible to have that drug to control vomiting, still be nauseated, be hungry, eat and keep the food down. Of course my experience was with chemotherapy and not noro.

Yes, Angel (Halos), he kept the food down.

I had to look it up so, for others who may also have my obvious lack of education: ;)

Dictionary: ti·tra·tion (tī-trā'shən) pron.gif

n.

The process, operation, or method of determining the concentration of a substance in solution by adding to it a standard reagent of known concentration in carefully measured amounts until a reaction of definite and known proportion is completed, as shown by a color change or by electrical measurement, and then calculating the unknown concentration.

I read up on the Norovirus to educate myself a bit ;) and one thing that should be remembered is, a person is still contagious from 3 days to 2 weeks after the symptoms have disappeared.

That doesn't bother me because I'm sure the person who's contracted the virus will be very careful with their hand washing, but I felt it important to let pax know that extra measures should be taken when you're let out of your cruise jail. LOL

I commend those who made the best of an awful situation. I'm sure I will be in the same "boat," so to speak, one day since I plan on many, many more cruises and I like to dine out when at home.

Here's my source: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/norovirus.htm

Come on Angel. You CAN go merrily along the way as long as you are 3 feet from a toilet.:eek:

PE

Exactly, I got it and showed symptoms one day after returning from a cruise last year, so fortunately, I was home. I had hubby buy me depends when I sent him out for gingerale, but they were useless, I went straight through them before I could get to the toilet in our bedroom. How anyone could roam the ship without showing "evidence" is beyond me. I have never been so sick in my life, or felt so helpless.

Thanks, Barb. It is so important for the others on board both pax and crew. We were amused by the room service deliveries...knock, knock, open the door and food was on a tray outside the door with a crew member a safe distance away. We would put out the empties and they would be quickly gone. We put out dirty towels and clean ones would appear with a quick knock. NOBODY wants to get exposed.!! Who can blame them?

Archived