Fantasy vs. Triumph

Ceece911

DH and I are trying to decide between the Fantasy and the Triumph for our cruise next April. We live in Mobile, so the Fantasy will only be about a 15 minute drive vs the Triumph which will take about 1 1/2. The thing is, we've been on the Fantasy, loved it, but want to try a larger ship. For the Fantasy we will be getting a Cat 11 suite; Triumph will be a Balcony on the lido deck.

So, is the Triumph worth the smaller room and drive to NO, or should we just stick with the Fantasy? Is there something that you like better about the Triumph class than the Fantasy class?

We will also be bringing our 23 month old son with us, hence our need for a balcony. And before anyone ask, no we don't have anyone to leave him with although I am tempted to hold off the cruise until the end of May when he turns 2 so that he can spend some time in Camp Carnival. But we feel that a cruise will be one of the easiest trips of the ones we have taken him on. We do plan to take advantage of the after 10 babysitting so that we may have some "couple time".

TIA

Take the Triumph. Here's the reasons...

1. Balcony on Fantasy is just metal rails, on Triumph it is solid plexiglass - big issue with a small child. This goes for most of the railings on the ship, not just balconies.

2. I don't think the Cat 11's are that much smaller compared to the Balcony rooms, but someone may correct me.

3. Triumph, being larger, will have several advantages when it comes to impressiveness of the spaces. Multi-level dining room and buffet areas are most notable to me. It's just a more open feeling.

4. Better buffet setup (sort of goes along with #3) which makes it easier and quicker to eat in my experience.

I'm sure I'll think of something else to add, but I think it's worth the drive to at least try it.

Cat 11 on the Fantasy 220 sq ft.

Most BL on the Triumph 185 sq ft.

The Triumph is a larger ship but it also means more crowding.

Port of Mobile is easier to get to than NOLA.

Triumph is doing 7-night Eastern and Western trips in addition to 4 & 5 nighters. The Elation wont do its 7-night Western until May 15th out of Mobile.

The Fantasy/Elation is going to Cozumel/Progreso and Cozumel/Calica while the Triumph will only be going to Cozumel/Progreso on its 5-nighters.

Dave

thanks for the square footage calculation, I meant to phrase my post differently. I didn't think that the 11's were much larger, but it appears they are a bit more. With a small child myself, the balcony railings (on the Fantasy) would scare me. We had an OV, but I worried about them every time we went on deck.

I think DH wants the Triumph, but is leaving the choice to me. After reading the replies and tons of reviews, I think I'm going with the Triumph. The only thing that worries me about the Triumph is how crowded everyone says the buffet area is.

Archived