Carnival Victory

ladyt

I came across the CDC website that has the Vessel Sanitation Program reviews and was so dissapointed to see that Carnival Victory scored an 80 (this was one of the lowest scoring cruise ships). Although they have a very good record this new score has me a bit disturbed since we will be sailing on May 8, 2005. I sent an email to Carnival to express my concerns.

The website is:

cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/default/htm

I also am sailing on July 3rd, and I also noticed that and very disappointed. I assume somewhere in June they will have another inspection as they are inspected about every 6 months. If you hear from Carnival please let us know what they said, and the fact whether or not they contacted you back, would truely appreciate it.

I came across the CDC website that has the Vessel Sanitation Program reviews and was so dissapointed to see that Carnival Victory scored an 80 (this was one of the lowest scoring cruise ships). Although they have a very good record this new score has me a bit disturbed since we will be sailing on May 8, 2005. I sent an email to Carnival to express my concerns.

Hi LadyT,

We'll be sailing with you on May 8th!

LadySpoilt

Who will you be sailing with? For me it will be my husband, and two sons (ages 17 & 8)

It will be hubby and I. my two sons (23 and 20) and their best friend (22) whom hubby and I refer to as our 3rd son. When are you going down, normally we always go down a day early to avoid any potential flight problems but oldest son graduates from college on that Saturday, so we have to fly down same day of the cruise this year. The 6:00am flight out of here on Sunday morning should be rough on the fellows after a night of graduation partying!!:D :D

BTW..you can email me at LadySpoilt@aol.com

Sandra

Here were a few of the violations. The first two were minor and the 3rd a little more serious. I'm sure all action items were corrected.

Violation: THE CREAM CHEESE PLACED OUT FOR PASSENGER USE NEXT TO THE OMELET STATION WAS NOT PROTECTED BY A SNEEZE GUARD.

Violation: THE SANITIZE SOLUTION IN THE BUCKET AT ONE OF THE PORT SIDE WAIT STATIONS WAS TESTED BELOW 50 PPM.

Recommendation: 7.5.6.2.3.1 The sanitizing solutions shall be used with the following concentrations: (1) A chlorine solution shall have a concentration between 50 mg/L (ppm) and 200 mg/L (ppm).

Violation: THE DECK UNDER THE STAINLESS STEEL CABINETS WAS SOILED WITH DUST AND DEBRIS.

Recommendation: 7.7.4.2.1 Decks, bulkheads, deckheads, and attached equipment in food preparation, warewashing, pantries, and storage areas, shall be cleaned as often as necessary.

Violation: A MANUAL TEST TAKEN BY THE INSPECTOR DURING POTABLE WATER BUNKERING MEASURED 0.13 PPM. THE CHART RECORDER IN THIS AREA SHOWED THAT WATER HAD BEEN BUNKERED FOR SIX TO SEVEN HOURS ON THE DAY OF THE INSPECTION BELOW 2.0 PPM. THE ANALYZER WAS READING 0.34 PPM WHEN THE MANUAL TEST WAS TAKEN. THE LOG BOOK OF THE MANUAL BUNKERING TESTS TAKEN THE DAY OF THE INSPECTION SHOWED LEVELS ABOVE 2.0 PPM EVERY HALF HOUR FROM 6:00 AM TO NOON. THE REVIEW OF THIS LOG WAS CONDUCTED AT APPROXIMATELY 11:00 AM

Recommendation: 5.2.1.1.1 Potable water shall be continuously halogenated to at least 2.0 mg/L (ppm) free residual halogen at the time of bunkering or production

Archived